C6.5 features/NEK

So… Cubase 6.5 is out… the leap-frogging continues… but I digress.

Any love for us NEK users? Maybe we can have the VSTis that are included with C6.5? Are those and/or other features going to have to wait for Nuendo 6?

Steinberg, what say you? Any plans you can share?

I read somewhere on this forum that there’s an update with new features planned for april…

yup… so we only have to wait 1/12 to 1/6th of a year these days! :laughing:

Knowing that C6.5 is a paid update, I wouldn’t hold my breath! My guess is that we’ll have to wait for N6 before we see the “NEK” enhancements…

Agreed. I am not holding out any hope for any of this stuff to make an appearance in any “April” update. This truly shows just how bad the leapfrogging has become as again Cubase leads the way with the latest and the greatest.

I am not holding my breath on seeing this stuff (if Nuendo doesn’t die off completely) even by late 2012 or longer (since I have no idea if/when an N6 is even in development).

VP

My wish, I would like to see one platform, lets call it " Cubendo " and for the price we paid for Nuendo and NEK, you get the high end "Cubendo Post " with all features possible , “Cubendo Music” (= Cubase 6.5) and then have an entry level …Cubase Rookie …ha ha …the names dont matter…

For price and feature points Strip down the features top down vs. adding them bottom up and out of order like what we see today with cubase 6.5 ( cubase often gets midi face lifts before Nuendo)

HaVE 1 software Interface, 1 look ( like pro tools ) and roll out updates ( like pro tools ) one at a time across all BECAUSE its the same interface, right…

Imagine if Yamaha built a console on par with D-ICON :bulb:

Then Fredo would rule the world !

:mrgreen:

Hi,

the next Nuendo update in April will incorporate some of the Cubase 6.5 additions,
such as lane comping. A few other additions can only be realised in Nuendo 6, later
this year.

Thanks,
Timo

Many thanks for the clarification, Timo.

I hope that Rewire 64 bit and warping multitrack quantize will be in Nuendo 5.5.x too… :wink:

We’ll surely wait for having the new synths and the VST Amp Rack update till Nuendo 6 (NEK?), maybe with the new, specific, Nuendo 6 much anticipated features.

Cheers,
Cochrane

What about padshop? I’m not going to buy it if it’s free in april, but I might if it’s not…

Hello,

no, Padshop won’t be part of the April update. Rewire 64 and Multitrack Warping Quantize will be in there.

Thanks,
Timo

When, roughly? Q2? Q3? Q4?

What about Flac and Soundcloud integration?
Will these be in the april update?

And I sigh…

WHY will the new synths not be in N5.5 update, Timo?
It’sa plugin - and as the source code is the same, I fail to see the problem.
Especially - and this I stress - because I bought the NEK, which is allegedly there to “give all the music features of Cubase”…so why will we not get the additional plugins?
We already paid the premium for this content with the NEK.

And this post makes a total mockery of this…

It really is time to end the madness of 2 separate applications, with 2 separate development teams, and combine the lot into one app where available feature set & functionality depends on the licenses on the dongle.
This is how DodgyDesign have kept their place, because they do just this - and people can invest in hardware knowing it works across the range. I am sorry, but I cannot for the life of me understand the thinking or the logic begind the current way things are done.

Again, it’s always the same . Nuendo: get the last post feautures and 9 months old music features.

I disagree with a lot of Steinbergs way of dealing with Cubase / Nuendo, but I have to respectfully disagree on what you’re saying above.

As far as I understand the Cubase update with these two new synths is a paid update. IF SB was to include them in the next Nuendo update they have two choices:

1. Keep our next update free of charge meaning we’d get the soft-synths for free. I’m sure Cubase users would be furious. Not that I’d mind personally of course. But just pointing out that it’d be the second time we’d get Cubase features “for free” in a sense. The Cubase users are now “two steps ahead” as far as paying goes, right?

2. Charge for our next update… Well… I’m sure you know how that’ll be received.

So I think it makes sense considering the above to keep those synths out and make the update free.

As to the post you refer to I read it as meaning that the user paid for Cubase 6.5 which included licenses for those synths. So when booting nuendo off of the same dongle the licenses allows for the synths to run. In other words he paid for them just like all other people, regardless of whether he runs them on Cubase or Nuendo. If anything it just shows what you just then wrote:

I absolutely agree with you, with the exception that I actually think the separate branding may have made sense back in the day when Nuendo was born. A separate app with a higher perceived value. A more “pro” app if you will, targeted to those working in big budget environments. Cubase really had a “hobby” stamp on it in my opinion (just in general of course).

Now, years later, the management of that brand, Nuendo, hasn’t really worked out that well at all, with close to zero marketing and industry presence (forums, meetings etc)… And now I think “our” view is more “valid”…

You know, I’d buy it if they did the following two things;

1 - Tier the lineup and simply allow the Nuendo license to run Cubase as well. In other words if you buy Nuendo you can just run Cubase with the latest music features as well if you need them. Either one app or the other of course.

2 - Market Nuendo properly and thoroughly and point out that it’s the rigorously tested app which takes more time to develop because it’s so super awesome and uber-professional etc… So that there’s a perceived increased value in waiting up to a year for these features…

… then I’d buy it…

It really is time to end the madness of 2 separate applications, with 2 separate development teams, and combine the lot into one app where available feature set & functionality depends on the licenses on the dongle.
This is how DodgyDesign have kept their place, because they do just this - and people can invest in hardware knowing it works across the range. I am sorry, but I cannot for the life of me understand the thinking or the logic begind the current way things are done.

Agreed.

John.

Hmm…since Nuendo is (and always has been) more than twice the price of any version of Cubase - don’t forget that we have all paid twice as much to wait around for twice as long. My take - since my overall cost (in the Nuendo lifecycle I have purchased) easily is more than any Cubase user has ever paid - the Nuendo users should be entitled to any “leapfrog inducing” Cubase update for free - especially when it put us right back to the “has been” category waiting around for months for new stuff to arrive. Should be bloody free for “the wait” alone.

Overall - tho - my biggest beef is that we pay a lot more but always get what WE paid for - like 8 months AFTER the Cubase gang. Is it just me or shouldn’t those who pay the most be entitled to get their updates first and make the guys who choose the cheaper route to wait around for a while?

Conversely - since Steinberg clearly sees Cubase as “music” and Nuendo for post and post only - they probably have no issues thinking along these lines "You certainly shouldn’t be using Nuendo for music in any way so you should have no problem waiting 7 or 8 months to get these little ole Cubase “music” changes - should you?

At this price point - and as a Nueudo user trapped in an eternal battle to be current - we should really just be able to have a single user Cubase license on our USB keys and run the latest of either flavor. That would instantly solve all this kinda stuff.

VP

Vocal-point,

I see what you’re saying.

This is all a matter of what image SB wants to communicate. As it stands with any company/software the only thing one can really rely on is that the software is what it is at the time of purchase, and that the price is what it is. If it’s worth it, then that’s that one hopes.

But I agree with you, it’d be better for the users if they changed their policies some.