C6 Demo = Slow System

Installed the C6 Demo last night to see if there’s anything I use worth upgrading to, I run C4 now. Had to install .NET 3.5 to run eLicenser, I use the last syncrosoft version with C4.

I don’t know if it’s .Net or Cubase that caused it, but my system runs noticably slower even with Cubase closed. :open_mouth: Programs that normally closed without incident hang for seconds, now. Shutting down Windows takes forever now, too. It hangs on Saving Settings for some seconds, a lot longer than normal. I multi-boot with hidden partitions and checked my C4 partition and things run normally, like usual.

Nothing’s crashing or causing issues, just a noticable slowdown. Not looking for a cure, just giving others a heads up.

To be honest, I haven’t seen anything I have to have in C6. The new plugs leave a lot to be desired, IMHO. Halionsonic seems a glorified USM, something they stuck in to provide GM support. The new GUI doesn’t thrill me either. As for Loopmash and pitch correction, I won’t even go there. :wink: I’ll persist a little longer and see if it grows on me or I find something I have to have.

Glad others like C6, it just doesn’t seem to be something for me. :sunglasses:

I think its .net 3.5 have you installed 3,5sp1 and the three MS updates that come after, sorted the slow close problem for me.

Yeah, .NET is completely up to date. It’s not just slowdown on close, it’s in general. Opening things, navigating, etc… . It’s not horrendous, but is definately noticable. :sunglasses:

Oh well, when I first put .net 3.5 on, everything slowed like you mention but after updating it all went back to normal! Had me worried for a while.

Just checked to make sure, Windows Update shows no urgent updates and nothing regarding .NET in the software section.

I did a manual update as the computer I’m trying C6 on isn’t on the Internet, so only updated to .Net 3.5 sp1 from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en the full package at the bottom not the bootstrapper!

Cheers for that, ran the installer and it gives the option of repair or un-install so it appears I was up to date to begin with. :sunglasses:

No Probs…