C6 File Locations in Lion

I just purchased a new Mac Book Pro with Lion installed and i am having trouble locating files. Namely, the location of the preference lists. Trying to transfer patch scripts to the correct directory but cannot find it. In previous OS Snow, the full path would be users/uername/libray/program name (cubase 6).

Under the users directory, there is no such directory titled library. Can someone help?

Thanks

RJH,

Not on my Mac currently, but try this. Open your Applications folder. The Icon to run Cubase 6 is actually a directory. Right click on the icon and select “Show Package Contents” I believe you’ll find the preferences in there somewhere.

Hope it helps.

Brian

Namely, the location of the preference lists. Trying to transfer patch scripts to the correct directory but cannot find it. In previous OS Snow

RootHD/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/Cubase6/Scripts

You might need to show hidden files. But yes def in the Root/user section

Well, I just opened my Lion 10.7 mac and checked.

If he follows my directions he’ll be presented with the scripts folder (patchnames and trackmixer folders) along with everything else he needs to customize Cubase without drilling into those folders or changing anything else.

Following the last two posts way it doesn’t show up.

Why make it hard on the guy? Right click icon, pick ‘Show Package contents’, he’s there.

Thanks. As I stated in my original post, there is no such directory titled “Library” under the user directory. I already opened the package contents and added the script files there under the scripts directory in the resource directory, but when I relaunched Cuabse 6, the ones I added do not show up in the device list in the MIDI device manager.

Next, I cannot find the defaults.xml file anywhere in the package contents folders but there has to be one. So something is just not showing up somewhere and I wonder if some directories are hidden. Any further advice would be appreciated.

RJ

Read my post again

OMG! Big tank you. I suspected that the user library folder was hidden because the machine would not run without it, but did not know how to find it. Just found it. Many thanks