C6 - In case you haven´t noticed... Groove Agent 1.2

workflow improvements… yeah…
how about this one for starters…
drag and drop samples onto the pads from a folder in windows ?

this must surely be one of the fastest ways of actually get started with GA One.
it works with audio into the arrange window, it works with loops into loopmash… in fact, drag and drop works in just about every single application invented over the past decade…

just an idea… try it out, it might just be really good for the workflow… :neutral_face:

Oh hell ya. The fact that it works in the Arrange page and Loopmash has you feel it really should work in GA1 as well. I would love to see this added, this completely slipped my mind as an annoyance I felt in Cubase 5.

you can drag from the audio pool or media bay into GA but not from a windows folder i guess.

but we should consider ourselves lucky, Steinberg do not even feel us worthy to drag at all to 3rd party drum apps like Battery or Linplug RM5. You can do this with Battery or Linplug RM5 in every other DAW app …except Cubase and they claim its not their fault/problem haha. Maybe they want to forcefully railroad us into having to use their drum plugin, after all its the best in the world (according to them)…

Maybe Steinberg won’t support the method under VST 2.4 and want those third party developers to break with the past and develop VST3.

I really want to start using the GA One as a serious drum machine, but when it doesnt have proper drag and drop it really pisses me off, its just a really shitty thing to miss out on… especially when Chris here talks about improving the workflow…
drag and drop been around for atleast 20 years… its not rocket science… its there when I want to drop audio files in the arrange window, its even there in loopmash…
come on steinberg, how hard can this actually be ?

so, a serious question here:
why didnt steinberg implement proper drag and drop in the “new” GA One 1.2, to give us a faster workflow ?

p.s.
Chris asks in the very first line of his initial post… “You are a Groove Agent One fan, aren´t you?”
I would say, “Yes I am a fan, but when will you show me improvements that brings me from fan into a user of the GA One ?”

heres the thing Calypso, we dont wanna get involved in all this politics of forcing other companies hands…we just wanna make music. without having our workflow purposely hindered.

For $teinberg to be punishing us, its users, by withholding this option just to push through their new protocol for their own gain is really unforgivable and unacceptable. Actually, it may even be illegal come to think of it.

As a user I understand your feeling about this but after all it []is[] Steinberg’s protocol and while it is also freely available there are royalties that must be paid.

Even so if a company wants to use a certain feature in a Steinberg software program then there will be rules otherwise developers will become lazy.

Just ask Dr. Ravix, I think he knows the score. :nerd:

i think GA1 is the perfect sampler, assign outs, full slice intergration, slice to midi
factory good kits, can’t see why you guys moan.

let’s be honest most of people only drag samples from Vengeance, Ueberschall etc in there, it doesn’t need to be a full fledged synth. And if you want more editing the is a whole bunch of other plugs included
I actually find Battery way to extensive and blocking creativity.

Love the ability to drag and drop samples into GA One from the arrange page (wish Battery supported this), but here’s what I find. Let’s say I have chosen a snare drum from a 30 second audio file that I want to trigger; saving the GA One preset saves the entire 30 seconds, not just the slice I require. Multiply this by 20+ pads and your preset can be, well, pretty large and subsequently takes forever to load. Bit of a let down, really.

Ralphie:
Im happy that you think it works perfect for you.
but as you said, you cant see why we “moan”. if you cant see it, then please leave that kind of silly comments about moaning elsewhere.

in a few points I agree with you.
yes, it does seem like an awesome sampler, assign outs etc…
that is why I want the ability to use drag and drop from windows, and not be forced to use mediabay or drop from anywhere else.
I want the option to do so, as this option is available when it comes to dropping stuff from windows straight into the arrangewindow and loopmash. its all part of how I work.

so, as Chris also mentions, its a question regarding workflow.
for me personally, workflow is getting disturbed when I cant use the normal way of dragging stuff around, just cus I happen to be using a specific plugin at the time, for example GA One.
so, the workflow in cubase is not overall consistent. it allows some dragging and dropping for some things, but not for others. since its not consistent. this disrupts my workflow bigtime.

we are trying to have a discussion with steinberg here, trying to get some good results. that means we are giving our point of view on things, how we like to work. giving them the idea of our workflow. in some cases, the workflow is similar, in other ways its not. the least I am asking for here is consistency.

steinberg, please allow me to drag and drop samples from where I like. give me the option to do so, dont shut me into the mediabay or something else, as this hinders my workflow greatly. I may not speak for many others, so if you choose not to implement the drag and drop feature, atleast give me a good solid reason to why not. I mean, creativity first, tech solutions follows, yeah ?

again, I would really like to start use the GA One, as it seems to have so many great features.
its got fast and simple to use GUI, got 16 outs.
please make it part of the normal drag and drop workflow so its fast to actually start using it.

i can drop samples on GA1? can’t you? i just drag from the sample editor, or project window?

I take it you dont really read what I typed, or you simply dont want to understand, either way I will try to make it foolproof for ya… :wink:
dragging and dropping from folders using MICROSOFT WINDOWS ! fyi this is commonly known a windows.
but, to even further make it simple enough for you, try and drag a sample from the desktop onto GA One, and you will see what I mean. of course I dont mean dragging and dropping from any of the cubase windows, as that would be really odd if that didnt work…

now that I made that clear for you, if you dont want to contribute to the discussion here, please stop making silly comments, ok…
its really no big deal if you get it or not, as long as Chris and peeps over at steinberg gets it…

haha, could you please stop
You just keep on whining dont you?

I suspect I know who Calypso is. He just keeps changing names after he gets bounced out.

Or you’ll be sent to the headmaster! Oh I’m sorry, that was quite silly…
Did it ever occur to you that he might be testing your problem and couldn’t find anything wrong? Geez.

Luck, Arjan

Because there are others who know more about specifications than yourself doesn’t mean you understand.

Michael, use the mediabay, embrace it and get over it. Or buy Halion/Battery

so how about it Chris ?

why didnt steinberg implement proper drag and drop in the “new” GA One 1.2, to give us a faster workflow ?

I’ll give the mods credit for not nuking this … but ‘unsticking it’ seems a subtle way to try to make it disappear off the radar.

BTW … why does a guy like Raphie, who is apparently happy with the way GA One works, spend so much time arguing with others against the others’ legitimate complaints about lack of legitimate windows drag and drop functionality?

OK … I’m going to play the ‘Reaper’ card: constant improvement … within the realm of the possible … of existing features based upon users input. As I said earlier, GA One could be the ‘can’t live without it beatbox in the box.’

Meaning drag and drop, true sample layering and a few other tweaks.

C’mon, Steiny! You deserve to make instruments worthy of your DAW.

Como

Prado

you, sir, got my point exactly :slight_smile: