C7, Mavericks, MR816X

I have lost my headphone outs with this combo when using Cubase 7.06. Anyone else? I DONT use the Control Room BTW, Ive always just used the headphone outs

MR816 is fine in StudioOne. I have phones

Current : Cubase 7, MR816X software, Mavericks OS

Aloha s,
However, what is known so far is that all Steinberg software products (except for Cubase LE / AI / Elements 7.0.6) are affected by an issue with the CoreAudio2ASIO component when using audio hardware in class-compliant mode which may lead to dangerous digital noise. Some Steinberg hardware products need to be updated as well to ensure full compatibility with the new OS X version. We therefore recommend you not to upgrade to OS X 10.9 yet.*

{‘-’}

Yeah I read all that. ITs not a digital noise thing. The MR software is actually MUTING the headphone outs so they don’t work inside of Cubase. Im looking for anyone else that confirm this issue?
StudioOne=Fine, Logic 9 and 10=Fine, Reaper= Fine. Only Cubase is muting the phones and making them not useable inside Cubase. Im guessing it has to do with the MR Extension or Mr Console software that needs updated to work with Mavericks

I’m having that exact same problem.

Steinberg warned us there might be issues.

I didn’t upgrade and wont until Steinberg says all is fixed with Mavericks.

Yes I read the warnings. Im using StudioOne for now. Just to let anyone know they will lose their headhone outputs if they do the upgrade when using the MR816X

Hello shanabit,

Thank you for the update on this, I have forwarded it to the QA.
From what you post it seems to be a Cubase 7 problem only, so it might be related to the CoreAudio2ASIO problem.
But I am just guessing.

I will come back as soon as I have more info.

Best regards,
GN

Hello all,

For all of you having the same problem there is a workaround.
Download the latest Tools for the MR from our download website:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads_hardware/downloads_mr816.html

Inside the Tools folder you will find an uninstaller for the MR Extension.
Uninstall the extension and then the Headphones will work again.
On the down side you will lose the integration between Cubase and the MR.
But you will be able to have the MR editor and Cubase opened at the same time.

Best regards,
GN

After a few reboots, I can confirm this works on Mavericks.

Any time frame on this fix??? Waiting for my INTEGRATION to show back up with my MR and Cubase

Hello shanabit,

Yes, it was released today… I thought I already posted it here, hmmm maybe on a different forum.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_7.html

Best regards,
GN

Update:

1. Installed the CoreAudio2 ASIO Patch for Mavericks
  2. Updated the eLicenser to current version
  3. Re-Installed the MR Tools 175 since I had uninstalled the EXTENSION portion to get my headphones working
  4. Repaired Disc Permissions
  5. Shut down completely
  6. Turned on MR816X
  7. Turned on MacPro
  8. Opened Cubase and drug a loop onto the track
  9. I can control the headphones from within Cubase
  10. I now have headphones !!!

All good here so far

Yeah!
{‘-’}

Any news on the new MR driver?

YES, THIS!!!

Hello shanabit,

Unfortunately I do not have any news about this, but are you still having problems with Cubase 7 and your MR in Mavericks?

Best regards,
GN

This is STILL BROKEN

My only option is to Uninstall the MR Extension so I can use the MR and it hold its settings after using Cubase.

I havent used the MR with Cubase 7.5 yet under Mavericks, too afraid to do a session. Im using StudioOnePro for now

Hello,

But… maybe I am wrong but this has always been like that, If I am not wrong I had this on Windows 7 as well.
Anyhow, a new driver for the MR for Mac to offer Mavericks compatibility is on its way.

Best regards,
GN

That sounds great! When is the release date for the new driver?

Best regards,
Arild Ness

[quote=“arildness”]That sounds great! When is the release date for the new driver?

Best regards,
Arild Ness[/quot

+1