C8.5 - can't double click to open project files [SOLVED!]

It’s a weird one alright, tried today on the Windows 10 x64 machine and double clicking an old .cpr project file opens fully in 8.5 but that simply does not work on my main Win 7 x64 Pro machine.

the contents of the registry entry for:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.cpr\

seems to have extra info for the windows 10 machine notably a binary value of ‘cpr_auto_file’:

will have another look when back at studio tomorrow.

Oh that would be cool if a registry tweak fixed it.

Got the same problem here on W7…really sickening…otherwise running very well…

Oh that would be cool if a registry tweak fixed it.

tried changing the registry so it had same entries as WIndows 10 machine, made no difference. Just gonna have to wait ‘as usual’ for a fix. T’was worth a try…

:frowning:

Stupid question. How are you dragging the project icon when if i click on an explorer window and I have lets say another app open or a browser, I lose the blank cubase background. This is an issue in itself that drives me nuts when I click on the Cubase icon on the bottom to pull up cubase and only the menu bar shows up at the top but whatever window im currently in stays on the screen. Thanks

You can start dragging and then hover the mouse pointer over the little menu stump left over when Cubase is not in focus and you will see a little +
Now you can drop the file. It doesn’t seem to matter where you drop it as long as you have the + visible.

And yeah, this menu that looks like some Mac ported thingie is a total stinker! Give PC users a real Windows program. Cubase in general and C8 works great but the overall integration of Cubase in Windows or lack there of disturbs me to no end. Without a doubt the worst part of Cubase if you ask me!

My post on this in the Issues Reports sub-forum finally got approved.

I got the exactly SAME issue. And “right click -->open with…” did not work!!!

yep, same problem here on Win 8.1 Pro, Cubase Pro 8.5.

It’s said to be already fixed…will be in next update.

fantastic! Cheers Grim. I just tried dragging a file onto the Cubase menu bar which worked, i think i glanced that tip on one of these pages…

Istalled C8.5.10 and now it works! :sunglasses:

Yeah :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: