C8.5 crash (Render, Export, Freeze) - can't figure out why

So, hi :slight_smile: thanks for having me, I really need your help.

I recently (2-3 days ago) moved from Studio one to Cubase, I was tired of S1’s features and instability and needed a change. So I bought C8.5 Pro 3 days ago and since then, I’ve experienced countless crashes and - instability.

Cubase randomly crashes on Render in place, Freeze and → Export as audio (!!!).
At first I thought a plugin might be the culprit, but then, on a brand new project (empty) - it crashed when I imported audio files. I’ve never, in my entire life, experienced such a thing, crash on Export/Bounce, that’s a first, and if I hadn’t payed so much for it, it’d had been a deal breaker, but I’m here, hoping there’s a fix.

Since the last crash occurred, and Steinberg won’t give me official support (even though I purchased it from THEIR ONLINE STORE), I could really use your help guys. I’m at a loss, can’t figure out what’s the problem.

It happened on 10.10.5 (yosemite), and a fresh El Capitan (10.11.3) install (had to upgrade for Xcom 2 :wink:).
Mac Pro 5,1
16 GB Ram
Focusrite Scarlett (USB)

Hoping it’s approved, because I really need help and that’s the only place I can go to (I’m “not allowed” any official support).

If there’s anything else I can provide, please let me know.

Thank you all very much in advance! :slight_smile:

Hoping this might help some other poor fellow.
I put the eLicenser in a different port (actual DIFFERENT port) and now everything’s stable and solid.

Hey,

Same here. I’ve been a long time user of Cubase, but 8.5 is really unstable. Half of my projects crash on export. And I think that Cubase is not using full power of my MacBook Pro 15 (mid 2014) CPU…plus they dont give any kind of support for customers from Serbia, where I happen to live :slight_smile:

Hi
I also have a problem when exporting audio!
Cubase Artist version 8.5.1
iMac 27 (Late 2013) 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5
OS X 10.9.5

having the same problems.

offline export does not work at all, beside on realy rare occasions,
but then the export takes like 2 hrs.

realtime export works sometimes.

cubase 8.5.1
windows 10
intel i7 4790k
16 gb ram

having the same issue here… cubase 8.5.15 … when I export offline sometimes crash… I didn’t try yet online… Visual error run time C++ make me feel afraid of render online…

so now what Is supposed I can do?

already tried online render (with control room disabled) and in this way is possible… just telling… hope it helps somebody