C8.5 playing...but mixer meters dead...sound dead (silent)?

hi all i changed from the UR824 audio interface to a new MOTU 8A interface. im having big problems with Cubase.

since i have changed to the new MOTU drivers (and uninstalled the UR824 ones) cubase is not playing back anything…i mean the cursor is moving, but the mixer is dead (no bouncing meters) and theres no audio output. Buss meter is dead. Stereo Out meters…dead.i had many tracks with wav files playing back and meters bouncing happily before…now the same session…mixer meters dead.

ive assigned the new outs in VST Connections. the driver looks installed ok.i would have thought that the Cubase mixer would bounce meters if there was something there on the track, REGARDLESS of what audio interface is (or isnt) connected?

tried making a brand new session. Added retrologue vst. No output on mixer meters. no audio meters bouncing in the Transport Panel. Clicking on the keyboard keys, they are working. Sound…dead. Huh?

just tried re-installing Cubase 8.5. No difference.

What does it mean when the mixer meters are all dead? whats wrong here.?

many thanks,
Blackout

Make sure channels are routed to your active stereo out.

hi Grim thanks for responding yep…they are going to groups and then the groups onto the Stereo out…i am not even getting channel meters bouncing, where i know there are wav files that should be playing. They are all dead too.

I feel i am having sound driver issues. I keep getting crashes of the MOTU driver. its only a very new product (8A).

but what makes me scratch my head is that regardless of what audio interface is connected i would have thought the channel meters in Cubase would still bounce?? even if there was no main output sound. Hmmm

ill keep plugging away. I might send MOTU an email or try the 8A with the Thunderbolt port instead of the USB3 port. See if that makes a difference.

Cheers,
Blackout

Pretty sure MOTU TB driver is Win10 only

but what makes me scratch my head is that regardless of what audio interface is connected i would have thought the channel meters in Cubase would still bounce??

No meters is exactly what you get if there is no connection to a driver. I would try to test with ASIO4all…if that works it pretty much points the blame at the MOTU driver.
You also haven’t mentioned if the MOTU produces ANY audio at all…from WIndows or any other ASIO software??

thanks Grim. good to know that Cubase is not “broken” because of no meters. I will try ASIO4all