C8 and Video card ISSUE

Please help. Ever since upgrading from 7.5 to 8, i’ve had issues with what i believe is my video cards. My average load meter moves up and down all day at times even when the project isn’t even playing and occasionally spikes. I have a monitor in my booth that mirrors my monitor in my control room. Whenever I set that monitor on to mirror I get constant spikes to a point that i cant record. I get the same results when using my ATI radeon 4600 card, Nvidia GTX 650TI card or even my onboard hdmi input. I’m on Cubase 8.0.10 and still same issues. Weird thing is i NEVER had any type of spiking going on with 7.5 but now when I go back to 7.5, it happens on 7.5 now as well. The spiking is often but inconsistent when it comes to how many tracks or what plugins are in the project so I can’t even narrow it down to that. I’ve ran Windows update so my system is up to date. Visual effects in Performance Options only has “Enable desktop composition, Use drop shadows for icon labels…, and Use visual styles on Windows and buttons” selected. Not sure what other info I may be missing to help narrow this down but if anyone has any suggestions, please input. THANKS!

Some Specs

GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC Force LGA 1150 Intel Z87
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz
20 gig ram
WIndows 7 64
ATI radeon 4600 card
Nvidia GTX 650TI
500 gig ssd system
500 gig ssd for recording
1tb storage drive