I recently finished up a project with a tight deadline and was so frustrated with C8 that I wrote up a list. Perhaps I might end up breaking these down into separate posts, but:
1. Why can’t Cubase export specifically to the specified regions?? SOLVED
Cubase adds space or cuts off my audio on export, so I have to import it into Wavosaur (a FREE audio editor) to add my fades and make sure my beginnings and ends are correct. This is extremely important for one shot SFX.
2. Media Bay: Why can’t this read metadata? Basehead or Soundminer cost $400 plus, Media Bay really doesn’t need to add many more features to compete.
3. Volume inconsistency: Sometimes when I re-import a sample that I’ve mastered at -0.3db, it plays back at a louder volume ie over .0db EDIT Oxford Limiter on Master Bus is greyed out but not bypassing.
4. Audio-Processing Load doubles: I’ll be working on a project with no problems and then re-load it the next day and the ‘Audio-Processing Load’ will have doubled. This happens 5 out of 10 times where it leaves me with stuttering audio that was not there the last time I saved.
5. Steinberg Plugin Knobs don’t turn: I can’t tweak any of the Steinberg plugin knobs. The only way is if I scroll up and down on the number value.
Apologies to sound like a total whiner but these are just the main issues that really slowed me down when working under pressure. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks in advance!