C8 Pro Update Package Download not showing up on my account

Hi.

I’m in desperate need of some assistance regarding obtaining the Cubase Pro 8 Update Package (installation package) from my account.

This post has been copy pasted from the original e-mail sent to Steinberg support about 6 days ago, but I still haven’t
heard from them, at that stirs up some emotions in me. I hope I will get some attention with this thread. :slight_smile:
The credentials and licensing data is on my original e-mail, so if any moderator or any person associated with Steinberg support needs this information, I’ll send it in a private message or forward the respective e-mail already written.

(original e-mail below)

At the moment I’m in the process of setting up a second DAW platform on my Windows 8.1 OS partition, and I cannot seem to find my activated product under the software tab on the “My products” page at steinberg.net.
When I’m entering the data (eLicenser number) under the “Register eLicenser / software & Enter Download Access Code” section, I get the message “This eLicenser number has already been registered by another user.”. If I’m entering the activation code under the “an already used Activation Code” section, I get the message “The eLicenser assigned to this Activation Code was already registered by another user.”

I’ve also tried the “Reactivation” tab, but there I receive the message “There is no Soft-eLicenser to reactivate”. I followed the link “Add the Soft-eLicenser to your account.” and tried to re-add the Soft-eLicenser, followed up by this message “Your eLicenser with the number (removed this number due to posting on this forum) was successfully registered. Currently, there is no valid Steinberg product license found on this eLicenser.”

So I’m obviously at loss at what to do from here.

Now, I do have some background information that might be relevant to this particular situation.
When I first registered my USB e-Licenser dongle in 2008 (this was when I first purchased Cubase 4 standalone /boxed version from a nearby retailer (Procom Music AS, Norway), I registered the dongle with a former e-mail address that I no longer have access to (e-mail address removed due to posting). The reason for the lack of access is because hotmail closed my account due to suspicious activity based on a huge amount of spam that was sent to my address.

I tried to re-open my account, but this was not possible because hotmail at the time suspected that somebody tried to hi-jack my account and at the same time exploiting their own services. Since the e-mail address was now closed, I could no longer reset passwords for several services and accounts, due to the fact that I couldn’t open the e-mails with the new generated passwords and data. The same applies to my former account at steinberg.net.

I’ve tried to click on the “Forgot password?” on the log in screen, and inputting my unavailable e-mail address (address removed for posting), tells me that a new password has been sent, but there is no way for me to read this e-mail since the account was closed. I suspect that since I received the message “The eLicenser assigned to this Activation Code was already registered by another user.” (probably when I first registered my eLicenser dongle with my former unaccessible e-mail account, the new account I created in 2012 (approximately) with my e-mail address (removed)" is not valid since the activation codes and download link section is probably to be found on my old account registered with my former Hotmail account.

This was a massive post, but I wanted to write down as many details as possible. I really, really hope you guys can help me out. I have a custom-mac system (triple-boot system) with OSX Yosemite, and unfortunately I only downloaded the OSX installation for the Cubase Pro 8 update right after the purchase (following the download link that I received in my order receipt on my newest registered steinberg hotmail account.). I should have downloaded the Windows version at the same time, but I didn’t do it at that specific moment, and decided to wait it out. I’ve tried to follow the link in this e-mail just now, but then I get to a page telling me (under My Downloads) that I don’t have any downloads available at the moment. It’s probably out of date or something.

I hope you can help me ressolve this issue as soon as possible, or I’ll be stuck with my Cubase 7.5 installation.

I’ll provide all the details I have at disposure below that might be necessary for processing my request. (I’ve removed this data for posting on this forum (from the original e-mail sent to Steinberg; their support e-mail address).

Have a nice day, and I truly hope some generous souls can help me out here. I really want to install my upgraded Cubase Pro 8 version as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Tor Erik Arntzen

Hello,

I retrieved your dongle’s number, it appears to be not registered.

Please, register it either using the dongle’s serial number or the (already used) activation code.

Once registered, the download link will appear in your account. Going to reply to your e-mail with more details as well.

Best,