C8 track solo problems, me or C8?

This is a strange! Spent quite some time last night building a large template which worked fine and which I was quite pleased with.

Went back to it today, loaded the template and, if I solo a track, the main stereo bus gets muted along with the other channels on the mix console. Its like a mute all channel function, solo a track and you get complete silences!

I’ve gone through all the usual steps to rule out this and that etc.

It would seem I’ve done something inadvertently but, I can’t figure it out at all.

Is there some hidden button/options I might have inadvertently selected to cause this to happen or something else?

Any advice to solve this quandary would be more than welcome!

Seems to me there is a setting controlling this but can’t for the life of me remember what it is ATM.
However, you can always enable solo defeat on the channels you don’t want muted. :wink:

You haven’t by accident linked the master fader with your tracks have you ?

Thanks guys, still can’t figure it out! Luckily I found a few bars of an idea I’d saved during the template build and the template is intact and works perfectly as it should so, it’s a bit of detective work on what was changed after that, hopefully it can be solved, it’s really baffling, spent quite a few hours trying to repair it.

Are you using mute automation in the template?

No theres no automation, i’ve looked at that, thanks for your input.

Hmmm… Here’s a horrible idea… Delete a track, solo another track, repeat. Maybe there is a bad track somewhere.

Hi. I had the same problem. I just updated from 7.5 to 8 and the solo tracks worked perfectly fine in 7.5, but mysteriously all linked together when selecting just one track. Now I did some fiddling around after seeing this post, and what I did was left click over the solo button of the stereo out in the mix console, obviously a window opens and then at the top of the list there is a “Channel controls” feature. Within that there is an option “Solo defeat on/off” I clicked that and it did the job. Dont ask me why, I dont know, but it did the job. Hope this helps. But now I have a question haha. Since upgrading from 7.5 to 8, some of my drum tracks are out of sync. Not the ones I have composed myself, but the midi loops. When the loop comes back in after being muted out in automation, it goes out of sync when it comes back in. I can`t seem to put my finger on it, and of course, they are all okay in 7.5. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Update. What I posted earlier has not solved the problem. But what I have discovered is that it is somehow linked to the automation in your project. If the automation is switched off, the tracks solo as the normally do. There doesnt seem to be anything wrong in the settings side of things, and it seems to be a bug of some sort, since this doesnt happen in 7 or 7.5. All the preferences and settings are the same in each version. This is a bit of a disappointment really, and I hope Steinberg wills out it out ASAP. It is definitely a bug, and nothing to do with the settings.