c9.5 stationary cursor gfx stutter

Really good gfx performance otherwise, but using stationary cursor in the audio editor makes the waveforms scroll with really low fps.
Anyone else seeing this ?

Not sure about the audio editor, I’ve just compared 9.0.30 and 9.5, they seem similar to me.

BUT what is really worst is the Key Editor, Stationary Cursor in the Key Editor that is. Just compared 9.0.30 and 9.5, on 9.0.30 Stationary Cursor is totally smooth, on 9.5 it’s really “flashy” (I can’t find a better word to describe it…). How is that possible, after all the Graphics optimizations they did on 9.5? Maybe there’s something I can check on my system to solve it (Windows 8.1)?

GFX performance in C9.5 with Stationary Cursors in both Key and Audio Editors working rock solid for me here (nothing new there); either with new projects or older (C8 and C9 era).

See sig for Graphics adapter/resolution/monitors

(NB - neither of you mention this info incidentally, so can’t draw any conclusions about whether that has any bearing…)

Thanks Puma0382, my video specs: single monitor 23" LCD @ 1920x1080, Graphics adapter ASUS EAH 5450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP) (AMD Radeon HD 5450 - 1GB/DDR3) driver v. 13.251.9001.1001

same here - stuttering GFX in all editors and project window on stationary cursor!

• Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050TI 4GB passive
  • LG 34UC87C-B (LG Ultrawide 34")

in C9.0.30 ultra-smooth > in 9.5 ultra-stuttering! :cry:

Thanks hell mood (I admit that I’m in a “hell mood” too…). I’ll try a newer driver…

Just installed the most recent WHQL certified driver, AMD Catalyst 15.7.1: the stuttering is the same as before.

the first thing i did after i opened C9.5 for the first time was updating the drivers for my gfx-card. i thought it would fix this problem.
nada > same as before. stuttering gfx. C9.0.30 works fine!

I’m using a GTX1060 6Gb, screens 2560x1440 and 2048x1152.
Ultra smooth in C9.0.30, now seizure inducing flicker.
Thanks for the replys, I look forward to some optimization in the next updates, it looks like a common problem.

Don’t even seem able to get a stationary cursor in the Audio editor!

I’m wondering if that can be regarded as a bug, in that case I’m going to add it to the Issues subforum (and an issue it is for sure of course). What do you think?