Caesura above the staff?

I am trying to put a // caesura above the staff. I know the standard placement is intersecting the top line, but I have also seen it above the staff in the same manner as a breath mark.

Going into Engrave mode doesn’t seem to work. It appears to be the one item in graphic editing you cannot move. Engraving options doesn’t give a vertical position option to the caesura.

Thanks for any response.

It’s the same spacing as a breath mark, as I recall? Try adjusting that and see if it makes a difference. There’s not a separate setting for just that though.

You can’t move the caesura to position it above the staff, but you could be sneaky and change the appearance of the breath mark comma or tick in Engrave > Music Symbols to use a caesura symbol.

Thanks, Daniel, for the workaround, that did what I was looking for.

If the Caesura sign is -by co-incident- set above a pauze, it looks a bit odd — it’s a pity that you can’t change the position of it.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-22 um 13.24.36

Yes it does. Split the whole rest into 2 half rests and place the caesura just before the 2nd half rest, where presumably the Allegretto tempo starts.

Yes, thanx. That’s always the only workaround.