[CAN-20441] Cubase 10 + Auto-tune 8.1.1

I have an issue where Autotune, both AT8 and AT-Pro is causing audio droputs. As often as once every minute during playback. It was working fine in Cubase 9.5 and then I updated to Cubase 10 and the problem started occuring. The strange thing is that it now also happens in Cubase 9.5. Does anyone know what can be causing this? Would greatly appreciate any help!

I’m running tons of third party plugins without any issues; only Autotune is causing this. I’ve tried updating iLok-license manager etc. but no luck so far.

Sorry Steinberg but this is unacceptable. I have to use this plugin like on every project. A lot of my customers just want that. You dont have a solution for almost two months and its always Antares fault and not yours. But C10 is the only DAW where the plugin is not working. I am a customer since Cubase SX3 but now you lost me. Really sad.

New update, same issue. Thanks for nothing!

Generally, gentlemen from Steinberg! What do you do with the program ?? Even after the last update, the program does not work normally! In addition to the fact that autotune 8 does not work, the mouse behaves inadequately, first everything works fine, but then to click somewhere need to keep the mouse higher! The program became heavy, even at 44100 with almost zero CPU utilization, always a clip in the performance scale! How to work? Make a normal WORKING program! Or do you just think about money, releasing one version of the program after another? For example, I am combining the program from the 7th version and it is harder, more and more buggy !! Already it is simply unrealistic that everything is annoying! Friends can write a petition to the management of the Steinberg ??Still, they write that autotune 8 does not work, but in windows 8 compatibility mode, it works great! And today there was an update and what! ?? How it all did not work, it does not work! Tell me why release such a version of the program! We are ready to pay money, but give us a product that will please us and not disappoint! Thank you Steinberg! Let’s do something friends !!

I got a reply from the support after six(!) weeks. they told me that they talk to antares and antares try to fix it with the next update. But Ed Doll said here there wont be likely any auto tune 8 update anymore since the newer pro version is out. So whos lying?

They say its on antares but no DAW got this problem. Not even C9.5. And they told me changes need to be done otherwise we still wouldnt be able to use more than 3GB of RAM. Wtf?! Really Steinberg? Then give me 350€ so I can buy the new auto tune version because changes need to be done otherwise i lose customers.

Just unbelievable how you treat this. And now this new update is useless since you know about the bug for weeks and people even found workarounds. But thanks for the color tool.

I was able to use Auto Tune 8.1 in Cubase 10 by installing Windows 8.1, so it works okay, waiting for fix for Windows 10

We are back in contact with Antares again. Maybe there is a solution we can work on with them after all. I will keep you posted.

Any new ? It’s been to long not working with autotune in my new Cubase 10

Would love to hear a solution Ed Doll! Still in windows 8 compatibility mode.

I am not sure whether a solution can come from us. Antares also had a look at this thread and here are their comments:

"It looks like the main focus of that thread is the issue of Auto-Tune 8.1 crashing Cubase 10. As a number of users reported, running Cubase 10 in Windows 8 compatibility mode (and also making sure the latest version of the iLok License Manager application is installed) seems to resolve the issue for most. Considering Auto-Tune 8.1 was built with Windows 8, signs seem to point to a possible compatibility issue. And since we won’t be releasing any updates to Auto-Tune 8.1.8, running Cubase 10 in compatibility mode seems like the best workaround for now.

For those who still have difficulty getting Auto-Tune 8.1 to load in Cubase 10, even after running in compatibility mode, I’d suggest they take the following steps:

1. Uninstall Auto-Tune 8.1 (or remove it from their VST3 plug-in folder)
  2. Restart Cubase 10
  3. Make sure Auto-Tune 8.1 is not on the black list, and remove it if it is.
  4. Quit Cubase 10
  5. Update the iLok License Manager application to the latest version
  6. Re-install the last version of Auto-Tune 8.1.8
  7. Ensure Cubase 10 is running in Windows 8 compatibility mode before restarting it

As for audio dropouts, I had a lot of those, too, after switching to Cubase 10. I had to update my Scarlett 2x2 to a newer driver in order to get it to work correctly, possibly for the same reason: the old drivers simply aren’t compatible with software built using the Windows 10 SDK, as Cubase 10 appears to have been."

I would like to point out that it works fine for me on windows 10 just not with Cubase 10.

Thats why i dont understand the reply from antares or steinberg either. Its not that it doesnt work on windows 10 - it doesnt work in cubase 10 on windows 10. And not even this is completly true: So what do they think about the microshift workaround? With it auto tune 8.1 works fine - in cubase 10 on windows 10.

@Ed Doll I tried everything but nothing works except i do the workaround. But this is useless for older projects.

:laughing: Classic

1 Like

Was this issue corrected or was a workaround found?

Yes, both a workaround and a final solution has been found:

The workaround: run Cubase 10 in Windows 8 compatibility mode.
The final solution: upgrade to Auto-Tune Pro 9.

Miloslav

Yes, both a workaround and a final solution has been found:

The workaround: run Cubase 10 in Windows 8 compatibility mode.
The final solution: upgrade to Auto-Tune Pro 9.

Miloslav

I hope thats not a serious final solution lol. I tried windows 8 compatibility mode, but for cubase becomes unresponsive and starts freezing.

workaround: install windows 8.1 and everything works perfectly fine, unless you’re a fan of windows 10
obs: I did not feel any performance drop using cubase 10 on windows 8.1
better option than the ridiculous option of using cubase 10 in compatibility mode with windows 8, thanks

this is also a ridiculous option. just as steinbergs behaviour towards this issue.

I bought Waves Pitch RealTime … and use 9.5 for older projects for now.

With the last Autotune version it stops the music when I open the plugin…