Can anyone help solve a problem with Groove Agent 64 bit, Solved

No it’s the same whether it’s the VSTi or the standalone. The standalone is just a quicker check when I’ve tried something new.

OK, good, makes sense.

Just, as per the second half of my previous comment, be aware that preferences etc for the standalone and integrated versions are kept separately. Also I wonder if corruption of these preferences is somehow the problem as they aren’t generally removed when uninstalling and reinstalling.

What I’ve discovered during this situation is there’s plenty about this software that I don’t know. Honestly, I’d be more than happy if they would arrange to access my computer by remote, wipe Groove Agent clean and return my money. I’ve bought most of the extras, some of which I use a lot and others not so much but I truly wish I’d given Groove Agent a miss. I’m quite sure I installed it correctly and, if-and-when the problem comes to light it won’t be my fault. I rarely complain about anything, it’s just not in my nature but, the length of time they’re taking to deal with my ticket leaves me cold to be honest.

Any way, rant over.

Thanks for taking the time, appreciated :thumbsup:

Ok, if anyone is interested my Groove Agent issue is now solved.

I was advised to download a little app called TeamViewer from MySteinberg, which allows Steinberg Support to remotely access my computer over the internet. Within a few minutes Jan Riesener (support) had my Groove Agent working correctly. And the solution was quite simple once you know what to do, so I’ll briefly explain here for the benefit of anyone else who may encounter the same issue:

Jan removed certain Groove Agent 4 64bit folders, restarted Cubase and then re-opened Groove Agent, which caused Groove Agent to do a re-scan.

Problem solved. Thank you Steinberg support.

Glad to hear it got sorted for you in the end, also good to hear support were the solution. Thanks for updating us.

Thanks planaschist, it’s a great relief for sure. Now I’ve actually got around to looking at the kits I’m suitably impressed :slight_smile: