Can anything be done about the buttons?

1. This is not a graphical optimization. If you think it is, you need glasses.

2. Instead of making music? Instead? I can almost guarantee you I have written more music in the past two days than you have written in a month. Please, don’t start spewing bull unless you know what you are talking about.

Ian s - if I had a dog that looked like this -

I’d shout at it too! :laughing:

Hmm… no need to get snippy; you’re the one complaining about difficulty in ‘ascertaining’ things in the new GUI (i.e. not seeing things clearly), yet here you are telling someone they need glasses because they can…!?

Its all BS anyway. Its an entirely subjective matter - opinions have been made, for and against; though in this case it means everyones ‘right’, nobody’s ‘wrong’.

The next logical step, (since you have your answer - no…!) is to turn this into a FR thread for an option (preference) setting, maybe…?

is to turn this into a FR thread for an option (preference) setting, maybe…?

True. +1.

Give us more graphics options Steiny. Your preferences page is overdue a major overhaul - it is NOT intuitive and I find much confusion there. :unamused:

Can I get a skin that looks like Nuendo v 1.5? That’s what I want–the buttons to look like actual buttons on actual hardware.

One cartoon color to another cartoon color, I didn’t even notice.

I don’t like getting snippy. But I do, when people spew stupidity. Centralmusic, as well as anyone else is entitled to disagree with me. Had he done just that, that would have been fine. But no - he had to go so far as to say I and others were moaning. “instead of making music the users prefer to moan…” Yeah - if you say that, I am going to get “snippy”. I hardly think that what I said, which ended with, “if there is no way to customize this, please consider making this customizable” - pretty much what you are saying with your preference setting suggestion - is moaning.

Cheers.

Hi Jeff.
Think you were firstly hijacked/redirected by somebody, then insulted — Best thing to do is ignore it, otherwise it goes on and on. When people witter on about wasting time worrying/moaning rather than making music in response to a personal request or suggestion in a post, I wonder why they waste their time trying to put people down in a post, absolutely pointless, a difference of opinion does not need an insult attached.
I wish Steinberg would also only allow one alias however many products are registered as it might stop some of this stuff, not that I am saying that is happening in this thread.

I think the blue on grey would be much better than now and possibly better than before, but to have options in preferences would be even better, then every body could be happy.
I also agree that black is to much for selected events, I’d prefer a mid grey.
Better get back to making music now or I’ll be in trouble, :smiley:

+1
{‘-’}

Are you talking about “sock puppetry”?

It’s me that looks like that, not the dog :smiley:

Ok back to the topic… I fired up C5 last night and found blue button thing confusing me and looking garish… just shows how quickly we can adapt to a new environment.

But the BLACK is still doing my head in. Time to call the RSPCA. (royal society for cruelty to alpacas)

White on gray is terrible usability. Honestly, that’s basic UI design. The light blue is a significant improvement.

I wish Steinberg would also only allow one alias however many products are registered as it might stop some of this stuff, not that I am saying that is happening in this thread.

This is either a well paranoid control freak who’s had his/her face slapped or he/she is getting too confused by their own aliases. :mrgreen:
Nobody here has enough time for two aliases.

new feature: black button on a black background, which lights up black to let you know you’ve done it! - Douglas Adams

Unproductive.

I hate to play devils advocate here,… But y’know, I really think the buttons and the whole layout looks pretty smart. I genuinely like it and also feel that whatever the colour scheme, once your kinda into understanding how it works, ie- white is on grey isn’t, well its not exactly a chore nor a problem to just go with that.

I have very good glasses and contact lenses. But please, what to do with it.
Sorry man - you should just accept that there are other opinions.

Great tip for your personal problem: adjust your tft monitor. Or use shortcuts.

This is an inappropriate maliciously insinuation. You do not know me, I work with DAWs every day and I earn my money in the audio industry.
It is something other than such a would-like bedroom producer as you are. And, of course, I´m very fast in songwriting and editing with cubase.

You should accept that I love these new buttons.
I also believe that there are much more important things to improve in cubase than any buttons…

over and out / cheers.
C.

lol bedroom musos rule

The problem only starts when you actually want to engineer

absolutely correct. And I love my bedroom studio at home. :wink:

What we need is buttonholes. (requisite for a blow up doll?) :blush: :mrgreen:

Buttons? I can’t do up my laces.

@Conman:
erm… too low and often pink.
not good for the cubase toolbar. sorry.
:wink: :mrgreen: