Can Cubase 8 timestretch WITHOUT preserving pitch?

Can Cubase 8 timestretch an audio loop in “musical” mode WITHOUT preserving pitch? Cubase 6 & 7 always applies some pitchshifting when timestretching audio. More often than not, maintaining the original pitch is the desired outcine. But I’ve started using cubase to record analog modular CV signals as audio. For example I’ll record a tempo synced LFO signal that can be sent back to the modular synth. That way the LFO signal is constant between takes and patch variations. It’s super handy. It would be great to stretch a CV signal (recorded as a normal audio signal) without introducing any gunk from a pitchshift.

Yes it can, I think there are 2 options here

One is to use time stretch and apply the “tape” algorithm, sounded odd to me when I tried it but… The other way is using the “change pitch” dialogue but untick the time correction box.

Best Regards

Dave

Does the “tape” algorithm work properly in Cubase 8? In Cubase 6.5 there are artifacts at the beginning of the audio that you wouldn’t expect if it was a simple timestretch without pitchshift.

Hi again raytracee

Using time stretch, it did sound slightly odd to me but the other method did work as required

Best Regards

Dave