Can Cubase default to creating a Stereo track for file drop?

Hi
So I’ve dropped a bunch of audio files into pre-created tracks (Audio 01, Audio 02, …) since I wanted these tracks to be stereo. Now, how can I make the track names the same as the part names?

I know to give the part names the track names, you hold Shift+enter after clicking on the track name to bring up the text. But here I want to go the other way around. Is this possible?

Thanks

*EDIT (revised my question as the above is apparently not possible):

Hi

The problem is - I need the Audio tracks to be Stereo, not Mono, which is why I’ve pre-created the tracks. So then I have the problem where the pre-created track names will not take on the part names that have just been dropped in.

Another way to ask for a solution to this is - Can Cubase default to creating a Stereo track when dropping in a file?

Hey,

I’m interestd in this as well!

I haven’t figured out a way to do it when the tracks already have been created before. However, when you import them into an empty project with no audio tracks the track name will automatically have the name of the audio file.

Hope I’m not misunderstanding here but… if you already imported them and want to change the track names, you are going to have to double click on the track name and type it in. Otherwise do what noge suggested.

Regards :sunglasses:

Hi

Thanks. Indeed I am aware of this behaviour (track names taking on part names when dropping into empty area).

The problem is - I need the Audio tracks to be Stereo, not Mono, which is why I’ve pre-created the tracks. So then I have the problem where the pre-created track names will not take on the part names that have just been dropped in.

Another way to ask for a solution to this is - Can Cubase default to creating a Stereo track when dropping in a file?

You can route the mono tracks to a stereo group…

thanks for the idea :slight_smile:

I will find that of use in some cases, but ultimately do not want to end up with double the amount of tracks (I need each track to be in stereo).