Can Halion 4 be scanned as Vsti plug in?

For the composer i am using, it is necessary that it scans the Halion 4 Vsti plug for getting a automatic device description from it.
The composer ask where the Halion 4 Vsti plugin is located…where is this ?
Has Halion 4 a .dll file?

Yes, located at where you installed the VSTI.

Thanks !
Did not succeed in finding it …it is not a .dll file i think.
I must give a path to the Halion 4 for scanning, but i cannot find it

I think by default it installs as a .vst3 plugin…

Yes it is a DLL too, for 3rd party hosts. Normally located in your 2.x VST directory (e.g. %programfiles%\Steinberg\VSTPlugins).

Thanks
No idea to find this, where it is on the harddisks/(logical stations)…
During installation of Halion it asks not for path like yours
Did you find it by yourself?
I needed it as a Vst 2.4 compataible plugin for scanning

Yes I have a HALion 4.dll file in my default VST directory.
Programs like Live and Machine have no problems finding it.
Don’t know if it matters, but did you run the latest 4.5.2 installer?

Thanks
Yes, i installed the latest version of H4 ofcourse.
Problem is that i don’t know what my default VST directory is …i use 5 logical stations, but H4 in installed on 1 harddisk location.
Note: i am not a computer expert … but what does this mean …those % symbols in this path :
%programfiles%\Steinberg\VSTPlugins…perhaps is this the reason i cannot find the .dll file?

You can find your default VST path by opening REGEDIT and look at the following keys.

For 64bit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > VST > VSTPluginsPath = e.g. C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\

For 32bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > VST > VSTPluginsPath = e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugIns

Or CMD prompt and type:
reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST
reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VST

I did use “environment variables” to point you to your “Program Files” directory, simply because you did not provide any info on your OS. I assumed you are on Windows?
Anyway %programfiles% stand for your standard program files directory, e.g. C:\Program Files\

Of course you could also search your drives for HALion 4.dll to see if and where the installer placed it.

Thanks Niles!
You pointed me to the right direction …
The regedit brought the me to the place where the Halion 4.dll in the VST directory is stored : C:/Progam Files/Vstplugins/Halion 4.dll
At the past i installed H4 (by accident i think) on the C disk, but that has already Windows7 professional 64 bit on it and it need sufficient free space.
There was no clue during the installlation of H4 where to put the .ddl file
Well it is solved now…now i can try to scan Halion 4 and perhaps there is automatic device description possible
I do need also to write device description for a composer and Halion 4, but for that i must be again on a another place on the forum.
Thanks again.