Can I buy Cubase 7 at a discount already owning 5 and 6?

I currently use Cubase 6. I am going to buy a new Mac Pro and need to run Cubase 7 on this box. Will Steinberg offer a discount on this being that I’m a 20 year user?

You can upgrade to Cubase 7, yes.

I’ve used Cubase since Atari ST (using floppies even) in the mid 80’s (so somewhere under 30 years) and upgrades always worked the same way pretty much. The only time I skipped upgrading was around the Pinnacle years.

Anyways, good luck with the upgrade!

I never mentioned “upgrade”. I was wondering if Steinberg would sell an additional copy at a discount rather than the $399 price live for a new user.

Nope. No deals like that.

$399 ?

Are you talking USD ?

If so, that’s a pretty good deal.

Customer loyalty? What’s that?

£268.02 that’s a bit cheap … i’ll have ten !!!

No matter how many versions you’ve bought, no matter how many years you’ve used Cubase, the only way
you can get a discount is through an upgrade for $399.00 US. This sucks. I need to run Cubase on two machines simutaneously now which means I need a dongle for each box. Steinberg(Yamaha) should give the same discount for an upgrade for someone who wants to run Cubase 7 on two boxes.

Some companies use “customer loyalty” incentives to keep their customers from moving to other (probably better) products. The better the product that they are selling is, the less likely they will need to use these types of incentives to keep their customers from jumping ship. There may be some sort of “multiple license” deal available, but probably not for just two.
J.L.

be interesting to see if Steinberg would do a discount for a second licence as a group buy for say 50 people :wink:

As far as I know, I got a mail thru 2 days ago offering 40% OFF upgrades.
Visit the Steinberg Site

Mind you Im not aware IF you buy a second dongle,whther you can transfer the 7 license to it seperately??. THIS would be good to know.

One other option is to buy a used copy of:: Cubase LE 4/5/6, Cubase AI 4/5/6, Cubase SX 1/2/3, Cubase SL 1/2/3, Cubase SE 3, Studio Case 2, Cubase Essential 4/5, Cubase Elements 6/7, Sequel 2/3 to qualify.