Can I change the default db range on the channel EQ editor?

To avoid any future misinterpretation, yes I am referring to the graphical EQ display. It would be nice to “narrow down” the EQ db range to make finer tuned edits. Check out some of the aforementioned 3rd party EQ’s and u will see/know what we’re talking about. Again, making 2-3db edits on a 48db scale is hard…like hitting a fastball with a golf club LOL

erm… I think it is better to trust your ears instead any graphics (!)

For more accurate finetunings you can press ALT to adjust directly on plugin-knobs - then an additional fader appears.
I use this great feature very often in cubase.

I agree that using the knobs/sliders is the only current solution as well as a good way to force you to mix with your ears rather than eyes. That has actually happened naturally for me, and I almost never use the graphical display anymore when setting the eq, in part due to having an external controller with an eq-section.

But, I do still think that a fine tune mouse mode for the graphical section would be a good feature, since the modifier keys are already in use one solution would be to use the right mouse button for it.

/A