Can I do copy all previous Key Commands from a backup?

I had to do an erase and re-install of Mac OS Big Sur and then subsequently re-installed Dorico from scratch. Can anyone tell me how to get the key commands that I had previously custom-set from the backup Mac HD drive onto my newly-installed copy of Dorico without having to set them up again? I presume there’s a particular file or files I need to move to the corresponding location on my Mac HD but thanks for any guidance!
Sincerely,

• D.D.

Yep, it’s ~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 3.5
(the ~ just points to the active user account, e.g. on my machine)

The keycommands JSON file is clearly labelled, but basically speaking you can just dump that folder into the same place on your new computer. The only caveat is that if your user ID is different on the new machine, the preferences.xml file will contain an incorrect AutoSave path. Either edit it in a text editor or delete it and Dorico will recreate it with the correct path.

Strange - I don’t see it there on my Time Machine backup - could it be hidden?

• D.D.

Not hidden, are you sure you are looking in the user library and not the Macintosh HD library?

Jesper

It turns out it DID appear hidden in the Time Capsule backup - had to copy the path to just before /Library; paste this into “Go”, then add “/Library” to the end and hit Enter to reveal the missing files (including the one you suggested I copy/paste). Thanks again -

• D.D.

Interesting, I guess you can see it if you go to the actual folder but Time Machine hides it.

Jesper

I seem to remember that the library and system folders are hidden by default to discourage inexperienced users from messing with them. Years ago I located these and in the Info window unchecked the Invisible setting. I also use Path Finder instead of the standard one, and this has a menu item which lets you turn on all invisible files and folders in one go.

Cmd-Shift-. (period/full stop) should toggle visibility of hidden files in the regular Apple finder.