Can I download a legacy version (10) of Cubase and activate it with a Cubase 12 license

Can I download a legacy version (10) of Cubase and activate it with a Cubase 12 license ?
or do I need to download the e-licenser and if so can I activate it . I’m still running Windows 7-64 and would like to use the legacy version now. I haven’t built a new Win 10 machine yet. This would be my first purchase of Cubase .

Versions of Cubase before 12 require a Steinberg USB eLicenser. I don’t think it has ever worked from a soft eLicenser.

If there is an ‘official link’ out there explaining a procedure for people in your position to roll back, I’ve not seen it yet.

People who ‘upgraded’ to 12 from something older, their dongle got touched during the initial activation with a Cubase 12 tag (even though Cubase 12 doesn’t use it…the tag ensures users can’t try to get multiple upgrades from the same key), and thusly still runs the older versions.

If you’re brand new to Cubase and have no USB dongle, I’d suggest filing a support ticket to see if they can ship you a dongle and key that’s bound to your existing Cubase 12 account/license.

If not, I guess you’ll have to see if you can find a used dongle and 11.5 or 12 key (that’d get you access to all previous versions) out there somewhere, or maybe some back-stock in a retail music store.

If it’s your first purchase then no.

Thanks. I guess I’ll just wait until the new box is built.