Can I have the old forum back please?

Adopting a less adversarial and more constructive tone may prevent your posts from being deleted.

3 Likes

If dealing with spam is so much easier now why are there much more spam posts than before?

3 Likes

Good point , it seems less secure in that respect at the mo

1 Like

We’re still tweaking the settings. It’s a balance between reducing spam and impeding the abilities of new users. The amount of spam will start reducing.

1 Like

@folkfreak @Highly-Controversial

In the old forum every single new user’s first post had to be manually approved- this meant some legit members had to wait days for their post to appear in the forum.

Discourse does a very good job filtering spam, and has been automatically blocking hundreds of such posts each day. As Ben says above, the system has been configured to err on the side of allowing users to post immediately, rather than risk blocking legit posts due to false positives.

That part’s working- a side effect is more spam gets through. What is not visible to users are the adjustments being made to correct all this. @Ben_at_Steinberg, the staff and the Discourse team are on it.

1 Like

As i mentioned Steve , it’s work in progress ive reported a few spam since joining this forum , don’t get me wrong i prefer this layout and im sure after the tweaks Bens doing there will be a reduction on users having to report the ones that do make it into the forum

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, and thanks for flagging those posts!

Adopting better customer service, monitoring your forums more closely, and being more honest about flaws in your product that are difficult for you to resolve may prevent more of your customers from bailing. Just a thought.

Because of your targeting of my comment as “violating” when they are clearly not, leading to me being unable to use this account for a few hours, I had the time to go back and update my email thread to Steinberg corporate. Ive had a thread going since April 2020, to do with my experiences on the forums and the extremely slow, extremely poor technical support Ive received, and this will also go into that thread.

It is hilarious that a mod, angry that someone points out how spam posts have been flooding this forum since the change to a new system, would target and censor a customer’s angry comments. But that’s ok! This is par for this course, and I’ll keep emailing support.

With Pale Moon and Firefox ESR browsers, some of the links (log-in for instance) open in blank pages and other elements are missing or inactive. The layout is bizarre and illogical… likely not designed for English language folks

These changes are having these negative side effects;

1. Forums are now super messy - not like before with neat folders and separate for Cubase versions. This makes sense. No amount of tags will help.
  2. The ‘general’ forum or the default forum now is a dumping ground for everything with no specific tag.
  3. The default forum is now covered top-to-bottom with bugs and issues. This is the first place new users are going to come to!

So if Steiny want’s less users and less potential customers go ahead and keep the unsorted mish-mash of a forum.

1 Like

hi Beerbong

I’m not sure I agree with those observations ?

• Often, separate cubase forums don’t make sense - lots of the same issues and questions apply to all versions.
  • I’m not sure what you mean by ‘the general forum’ or ‘default forum’? What do you have set for hour homepage in your preferences ?
  • The old forums were covered top-to-bottom with bugs and issues so I don’t see a change there.

It’s still early days, but I’m impressed on how much more civilised it seems around here and although the layout isn’t to everybody’s taste there are some major positives to this forum…

Give it a month or two and see what you think - there is no going back so we might as well make the best of it :slight_smile:

Call me crazy but there was nothing negative in what you have said.

1 Like

Oohhhh im going to be outlandish … You want the old forum back ?

NO
I love it too much :wink:

I am no fan of the Discourse forum system either. I have had to use it for support on another product for a few years and still dislike it intensely.

Maybe it is better for Steinberg as a system to manage, but in my opinion, is awful to use from a customer’s viewpoint. I for one will be far less likely to engage with this new forum system and will probably only begrudgingly use it when it is the only option.

It is a really disappointing shame as every aspect of Steinberg’s output has always been logical and well laid out… in fact one of the main reasons I have been a proud Steinberg user since Pro24 on the Atari many, many years ago. This feels like a massive step backwards.

2 Likes

Well, we were warned though by Steinberg, and I’d think the best time to have an opinion about this would have been before the switch was made. Now it’s probably too late and so the best thing we can do is come up with constructive criticism and hopefully things can change for the better while sticking with the ne platform… no?..

as if that will ever happen. :laughing:

1 Like

image image

I like the colors…

1 Like

Another negative from me I’m afraid. This is not at all as useful as the old “Standard” forum presentation. I used to like the structure whereby you could see all the forums & thus new posts on the first/ front page. This may have the same content does not allow the use to get the overall picture at all.

Also a user of Cubase from the outset & in fact with the Atari ST. Initially with Pro 12 & then Pro 24. This is a massive retrograde step imho.

Change it back please!

1 Like

Maybe, it is time to end the discussion at this point. We won’t change it again any time soon, let alone consider going back to phpBB an option.
With every change, no matter if it is a user interface redesign or a rather fundamental one, there will be different opinions on the result. Some love it, some hate it. I have mentioned it before: we received quite an amount of negative feedback on the old forum as well.

3 Likes