Using Cubase 6.0.5 on Win 7, I’ve had the following scenario:
- Work for many months on a track
- Add the awesome and free Mr Ray 22 VST, which I have used on countless other tracks
- Session goes fine.
- (possibly use session fine another time… can’t quite remember)
- Open Cubase and get scary error message ''Cubase 6 will now shutdown", or suchlike. Press OK, Cubase dies.
- Rename the Mr Ray .dll with .BLAH
- Track opens fine now.
- Replace the ‘bad’ dll with backup ‘clean’ version. Cubase now has the same error message.
So: my question is this: is there some settings file or directory or registry entry or similar that I can delete so that Cubase attempts to load Mr Ray as if it had never seen it before etc (i.e. to get it to work again)? Or am I doomed to have a perfectly good VST never work with a perfectly good sequencer on this particular computer ever again?
Or any other way to get these two to play nicely with each other again??
Thanks in advance!