Can I transfer my plugin organization from WL7 to WL8?

Can I transfer my plugin organization settings from WL7 to WL8

I don’t know the answer to this. Transferring preferences from Wavelab 7 to 8 has not been as smooth as planned from what I’ve seen. I ended up just redoing all my settings from default.

I’m still trying to figure out why in my “Favorites” folder, UAD plug-ins all go to their own folder (good), but Waves just creates a mess in the root of “Favorites” (bad), and Ozone 5 is somewhere in between (strange). I have 3 versions of Ozone 5 in my favorites. One is the entire Ozone 5 full plug-in, one is just the EQ, and one is just the dynamics version.

I’ll attach some screen shots to see if somebody from Steinberg can make sense of it:

Can I transfer my plugin organization settings from WL7 to WL8

This part has been completly redone, with new nice capabilities. Old settings can’t be imported, sorry.

BUMP.

You might disable “Create submenys based on prefixes”, or change the “Threshold” value.
2013-06-26_22-52-06.png

Change it to what?

It won’t go any lower than two, and when I raise the threshold higher then I don’t get any folders.

I’d like my favorites to have a simple Waves folder, UAD, iZotope etc. One folder for each manufacturer.

Is this possible or is a it a bug?

The favorite folder was designed to have only a few plugins, eg. the 10 most plugins you use. If you add many plugins and the auto folder option is active, you’ll get some mix results, ie. what you currently observe. I recommend you to stick to a few favourite plugins.

I just tried starting over from zero on the favorites folder, it seems that Waves just will not go into it’s own folder.

UAD makes it’s own folder for all UAD favorites, and 2 of 3 iZotope made their own folder in my old configuration.