Can install Cubase 8

Hi everyone. I just bought and download the new Cubase 8.5 update. I am new to Cubase never use it before. Its seems i have to have Cubase original on my PC before i can use the update/upgrade. Cant really get my hands on this one. Please advise

If you have registered Cubase Pro 8.5 in your MySteinberg account, you can download the Complete Installer from the MySteinberg account “Downloads” section. If you have trouble with this, please create a Support Request from your MySteinberg account and include your licensed USB key number and your original activation code in the request.

Hi Chris, i dont have a USB key number coz i bought my license online. I think am not doing this right. Please if you can explain the steps to follow to have Cubase running perfectly on my computer

You need to clarify exactly what you have bought.

It should not be an update or upgrade if you didn’t already own an earlier version. It must be a full version.

Can you copy and paste the software title from your email invoice or tell us exactly what version you bought and we can hopefully help you from there.

Cubase Pro 8.5 Update from Cubase Pro 8. How can I buy the full version?

You can’t use an upgrade license from Cubase Pro 8 without a Cubase 8 pro license.

I think you have two options:

1. Sell this license online to someone, then you can buy a full license for Cubase 8.5 Pro

2. Buy an used license for Cubase 8 Pro and then you can use it to upgrade to Cubase 8.5 Pro

In the shop where you purchase should be options for different updates or for full version.
But be prepared that the full version is going to cost more than 10 times the 8 to 8.5 update!

You can probably get a refund on the unused update license. You will have to contact Steinberg support for this.

Yes, a refund is an option too.

I would suggest contacting support through your MySteinberg account. Include your order number and unused upgrade activation code with a description of the issue, and Support should be able to facilitate a solution.