I’m after some guidance.
Every now and then, Cubase freezes and I am forced to close it via Task Manager.
When I do this Cubase loses the sound card I have selected and reverts back to Generic Low Latency ASIO driver.
I use a Roland Quad-Capture device to handle sound and MIDI.
I then do the following:
- Open Device Setup.
- Select VST Audio System in the devices tree.
- I select QUAD-CAPTURE from the drop down list for field ASIO Driver.
- Cubase asks me “Do you want to switch the ASIO driver?”
- I click on the Switch button.
- Cubase then informs me that “Can not found a device. Please connect the device.”
The only way forward is to restart Windows, start Cubase and all is fine, I can select QUAD-CAPTURE.
Restarting Cubase does not solve the behaviour.
Why does Cubase complain?