Can Nvidia GTX 750ti run 3x 2.5k Monitors?

Howdy,

I currently have a cheap Nvidia GT520 and think I need to replace it because I hear weird mechanical sounds and noises when I move the mouse and sometimes when opening folders etc. pixels also move when looking at a blank desktop.

I am currently using a 50inch 1080p TV as my only Win screen and really want to get a multiple monitor set up with 2.5k screens. Currently, at PC World, there is an offer on an Nvidia GTX 750ti and was wondering whether anyone is using this card with Cubase Pro 8? I also want to know whether it can run 3 x 2.5k monitors or whether I would need to buy something more powerful or if there was a better choice than the 750ti?

Thanks for any help. The site says it has a max output of 4k but I wonder whether that is for each digital video output or for all of them combined?

Jono

Triple 2560x1440 should be fine. I haven’t done that but others have and reported no issues.

Just don’t try any gaming…outside of Solitaire. Can you budget a 900 series Nvidia or an R9 from AMD?

Until you mentioned the 900 series I didn’t even look at them as I thought they would be too expensive. I think I will actually just get a 960. The cooling fans don’t turn on unless stressed, which in a DAW, is never going to happen. It also supports 4 monitors with a maximum output of 4k (each). Its only £50 more so I think it is worth paying the extra money.

Thanks

Jono

Go get you sum!!! :smiley:

I have a Gigabyte GV-N750TOC-2GI card (though mine only has one fan - still cool though), which I only bought as an cheap interim to drive my 4K TV + FHD touchscreens until cheaper HDMI 2.0 cards come out.

It provides:
a) 2 x HDMI 1.4 giving up to 4096x2160@30Hz, though for monitors/TVs that can handle it, it provides a dual channel mode that can do up to 4096x2160@60Hz, but not true single-cable HDMI 2.0 at 4096x2160@60Hz.
b) Dual-link DVI for up to 2560x1600@60Hz
c) Single-link DVI for up to 1920x1200@60Hz.

Basically, it does not look like any cards based on that chipset will drive any 5K monitors, let alone three.

The fan isn’t noticeable. The chipset is fairly efficient.

Note that the pixel pitch on the Dell 27" 5K monitors is 0.116mm, compared to 0.27mm for their 24" 1920x1200, or 57% smaller, which may make Win/Cubase stuff too small without scaling up, which defeats the usefulness of expensive 5K.