Can Play be synced to a note in the score?

If it could, then I could play along with the Play output and know if I was right according to the written music. The real payoff would be that Play could automatically go the highlighted written note on demand. Wow. Would that be valuable to me!

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 4.58.04 PM

I’m afraid Dorico doesn’t have any features like this, and it’s not really within the scope of what we consider to be Dorico’s “jobs to do”. However, if you export MusicXML from Dorico, you should be able to take that MusicXML file into another application that does provide this kind of functionality. Perhaps the best known is MakeMusic Cloud, formerly known as SmartMusic.

Truth be told, I didn’t dig deep enough this time to accidentally find the solution in plain sight: Highlight the note of interest in the score and press P. If only I had known it was this simple. Is that a new feature that snuck by both of us, or did I garble my question beyond recognition? Nobody has to know.

1 Like

That capability is far from new–and very useful.

Heh, I think I completely misunderstood what you were trying to achieve! Apologies for misunderstanding.