Can Rewind go back visibly to the beginning of the flow (Bar 1)?

A lot of times when writing music, I’ll select a note I want to start with, hit the “P” key and, of course, it starts playing from there. But, without any notes selected, I’ll use the rewind button (sets everything back to bar 1) which allows the music will start from the beginning. However, the visible sheet music doesn’t move there until I hit play and usually it is one or two beats into the measure before it actually moves there. Same with the play back window. So, is there a setting that will move the write and play back windows back to the beginning when I hit rewind, but before I actually hit play?
Doug :slight_smile:

Ctrl/CmdG, Enter – Go To Bar comes set to bar 1 of the current flow by default.

1 Like

Mark,
Well, yes that works, but it doesn’t rewind the head to bar 1 at the same time. So, one has to hit the rewind button and then use the Ctrl/Cmd G command and hope that the user hasn’t moved the pointer to some other bar, otherwise you’ll have to type in a 1 as well. Kind of a cumbersome way to get there.

The decimal point on the number pad moves the playhead to the start of the flow. And of course the keyboard shortcuts can be customized. (I use my decimal point for rhythm dots because I rarely need the “return to zero” function.)

Mark,
I tried your suggestion, it doesn’t seem to work. I was hoping there was a way to program the rewind button to not only rewind back to the start of the flow, but also move the view to Bar 1 as well. Also, I noticed, that the play section (graph) doesn’t move back to Bar 1 with the Ctrl / Cmd G command.

My ideal hope would be that the rewind button would either go back to the beginning of the flow or back to the first selected note and move the both the write page and the play page back to that selection.

There’s no way to do this at present.

dspreadbury,
Maybe it could be put on a wish list somewhere. I think it would be quite useful to all.

3 Likes