Can someone do a little null test for me? SOLVED - Sort of

Not what I see here. Here, the master out → trk out (phase fiipped) does NOT null.

Here’s a vid:

http://www.jeffreyhayat.com/nullproblem.mp4

No - not even close.

Cheers.

Ok - got it. Kinda. But not really.

Kontakt’s eq is causing some kind of randomness, or doing something funky - with an eq inserted on any instrument, the files do not null. With the eq off, the files do null.

But the wierdness is that this is true only of the out of the Instr tracks - not the master bus tracks.

With the eq off, two master bus files will null
With the eq off, two instr trk files will null
With the eq on, two master bus files will null
With the eq on, two instr trk files will not null

That makes no sense to me whatsoever, but that is exactly what i am seeing here.

If you listen closely to the patches played straight (not recorded) out of Kontakt can you hear any stereo shifting? This may happen key by key as the bass may be weighted to the left and the highs to the right.

The other week there was a thread where GA1 drums didn’t null and I think I nailed it down to the separate drums’ stereo spread. Anyway the thread went quiet after that though I may have got it wrong and it may yet reappear.

To test Cubase use the test tone under the VSTi/Tools on two tracks or copy the one test track etc.

No, there is no stereo shifting that I can hear, tho the patch is in stereo. If there is stereo shifting - that wouldn’t matter, as the files would (still) should null.

Still dont understand why the master ops null, whereas the instr tracks dont.

Still dont understand why the master ops null, whereas the instr tracks dont

Very odd. You’d expect it to be the other way round.

Something to do with sends / pre/post fader perhaps? Some effect there along the chain not noticed?