Can someone who has C6 already answer a few Qs for me, por f

Hi :slight_smile:

I am looking to see if certain things have been fixed/altered, and was hoping someone (or a few of you) would be kind enough to take a few moments and have a quick look.

1. Track selection; Pref > ‘Track Sel. follows event sel.’ is checked – Pref > ‘Locate when click in empty space’ unchecked

C4:

Nothing selected
Select mulitple tracks with ctrl or shift + click
Click in empty space
All tracks remain selected

C5:

Nothing selected
Select mulitple tracks with ctrl or shift + click
Click in empty space
All tracks except the original one clicked on loose their selected status

Reference:

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=137326

Wondering if this has changed in C6 back to the way it was in C4, or is it the same as in C5?

2. Export audio dial box

a) With the box open, does the key close the box?

b) Can you type in the path field?

3. Pref > Controller lane > Select tool defaults to pen - is this back?

4. Then we have the VE Pro solo issue:

http://www.jeffreyhayat.com/C5VEProSoloissue.mp4

But that’s a bit of a bear, so I will understand if nobody can tackle that.

Thanks for any insight!

Hi Jeff…

Just got C6 installed and up and running - and its all good for me here so far (Vista32…!)

As to your questions:-

• it is (back to) how C4 was i.e. select tracks, click in empty space and all tracks stay selected…
  1. a) No; b) No; - so, all same as C5 (no deal breaker for me).

• don’t see/not sure of this preference, but the select tool changes to the pen tool when you move down into the controller lane (MIDI part of course…). Which is as it was thankfully, in C5 (for me anyway).
    • sorry, I’m out of here on that one…! :wink:

Hey - thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

1 - Cool.

2 - I can’t believe it’s still like that.

3 - “the select tool changes to the pen tool when you move down into the controller lane which is as it was thankfully, in C5.” Actually - no, it was not like that in C5. It was like that in C4 - in C5, the select tool does not change to the pen tool when moving to the ctrl lane. Right? Right.

4 - No prob.

Cheers.

As to ‘3’…

Wrong…!

I was right the first time; all ok in C5 - if you have velocity selected as the controller in the lane below. The select tool changes to the pen tool for easy/quick editing. Was ok in earlier C5 editions as well (as far as I remember).

I’ve looked hard, and cannot see any ‘preference’ about this - maybe I’ve missed something… Can you pinpoint it out to me…?

Ok, I am a bonehead. Sorry for the confusion; when i said:

“the select tool does not change to the pen tool when moving to the ctrl lane.”

I was wrong. It does in C5. What I meant to ask about is if that pref is back. in C4, you had the option of turnign that pref off - it was in Editing > MIDI- not sure where it might be now in C6 if it’s there. So, with it off, you would hover the mouse over the controller lane, and the cursor would not change to a pen. In C5, that pref was done away with, so when you hover the mouse over the controller lane, the cursor changes to a pen, and the only way to prevent that is hold down the alt key - which is really annoying.

So, the Q is this: does that pref exist as in C4?

Thanks!

No.

Oy vey.

Hi again

Actually, I am not seeing that here in the demo vers - it is the same odd behavior as in C5 - you sure you are seeing that?

It behaves the same as in Cubase 5.
As regards 2b, No we can’t type in a path directly, but we can navigate to the desired path (via the regular Selection window, including allowing us to create a new folder). Playing Devil’s Advocate, that avoids us typing a path that may not exist.

As for “Select Tool defaults to Pen”… it’s the same as in Cubase 5… the Alt key is, by default, a toggle between the Select tool and the Pencil tool, generally, in Cubase, including the Key Editor, with one exception… the Velocity lane, where the Select tool will indeed change to the pencil tool without holding down Alt. But, in that instance, do hold down Alt, and it reverts to the Select tool. Personally, I have no problem with that… after all, what am I most likely to want to do in the Velocity lane?.. change a velocity (to do which, I need the pencil tool :wink:. I only need the Select tool if I need to [rubber band] select multiple events from there (and I could just as easily select the events from the main body of the window.)
Btw, have you tried the new editing options for controller lanes (including velocity)? Just make a multiple selection, and see all the cool new stuff you can do :wink:.

OK - sorry Jeff…! Just re-checked; with your preferences set as described, select tracks (shift/ctrl+click), click in empty space and all tracks except the original one clicked lose their selected status…

I really thought I had followed this properly the first time… again, apologies for that… (ok - don’t think I had the ‘Track Selection follows event selection’ pref checked first time…!)

Bob

No prob Puma :slight_smile:

AHA! Glad you broght that up. See, if typing a path that may not exist caused problems, then i could see it. But such is not the case. In Cubase4 and prior, where you were able to type in that field…typing a path that did not exist created that path. That was the beauty of the way it worked. It really should go back to the old behavior.

Cheers.