Can’t get rid of extra barline before final barline after time signature change

As originally posted on the dorico users facebook page:

I’ve been fighting with Dorico with this one. I’ve removed the rest of the tenor voice (I’m going to fake a longa as I did in an earlier flow). The last time signatures are going to be hidden. Either I get an abundant barline or the thick final barline disappears. […] None of the voices are ended. […] Repeating the last note, forcing a new whole bar into existence, just pushes the problem ahead. The insert button was disabled when doing so.
Prophetiae Sibyllarum.dorico (1.0 MB)
The problem occurs in the very last flow.

The forum doesn’t allow me to include screenshots in this post, as can’t I include the link to the facebook post with permalink number 3076480582629673.

1 Like

Hi Jasper,

Grab the penultime barline (the redundant one) and type Shift-B fin Enter. I’m honestly not sure why that’s necessary, but it seems to work.

1 Like

It did. I still have no clue why, but I’ll take it.

Thanks for the solution and for your time.

Actually, I think I’ve figured out the why. If you make the 7/2 a global time signature, that also fixes it (and the following local time signatures will still work fine). If the only time signatures in the final couple of bars are local time signatures, there’s still a prevailing global time signature of 3/2 that Dorico’s trying to respect, so you end up with effectively a 2/2 left over after the final bar.

2 Likes