Can;t open or close Wave files in Wavelab 4.0 Win7

Can;t open or close Wave files in Wavelab 4.0 Win7

Help!!! This girl needs help bad.

I just upgraded my OS to Win 7 Ultimate few weeks back because XP OS is going away end of life Microsoft says. So A friend gave me a copy of Win7 Ultimate that he was not using anymore because he upgraded to Win 8. So I was able to install and upgrade my Dell XPS400 to Win 7 Ultimate.
The computer is quite capable to run Win 7. So I installed a fresh new 1TB hard drive and did all the installs and drivers install, everything. It is running good. I then reinstalled my Wavelab 4.0 and now I can not open or save wave files. The program just shuts down. I can, “open with program” to get a wave file into WL and them do all the edit and plugins and so on. But I can not save it. Program shuts down. When I am in WL and try to open wave folder it shuts down. This seems to be the only problem with WL 4.0

I use WL a lot just for my personal use and I need to get it working bad.
I had original purchased WL 3.0 and then purchased the 4.0 upgrade at the time. And it has worked flawless for many years. For my only personal use I did not need to spend hundreds on a new current version of WL, 4.0 works just fine as it is. And WL is official copies and not a cracked version, I paid lot of $ back then.

Background info
I have tried to run as administrator and run in compatibility XP mode, same things happen. I have installed Virtual XP in Win 7 and it seems to run but Virtual XP don’t have all the OS parts to it. It only runs in 16 color and I get error that display will not have millions of colors. I would like to run WL in regular Win 7.

Graphics card- ATI Radion 512MB X1900 duel monitor capable
Sound Card- Creative X-FI 7.1 WDM

I know how to navigate the Win7 and computer but, if you can help please be specific and step by step fix. In laymen terms please.

Please help me.

Stephanie

Double post: Can;t open or close Wave files in Wavelab 4.0 Win7 - WaveLab - Steinberg Forums