Can 't re-activate midi track after render in place

Hi, can anyone help me with this. I can’t ‘unmute’ or re-activate midi tracks after having rendered them into audio. The mute/solo buttons have no effect anymore on these tracks and when using the right mouse button menu, the tracks appear to be enabled.
All the midi information is still there, but the track-events are turned white, and the midi is not sent to the Halion vst.
Copying these tracks, or the events in it, has the same effect on the copy.

Hi and welcome,

If you had the MIDI Part selected before the rendering, the track is not Muted, but the MIDI Part is Muted. Unmute the MIDI Part, please.

Maybe a screenshot from your side would make it totally clear, what exactly has been muted.

Have unmuted Midi tracks - still no output after render in place.

Hi,

Did you Render in Place the MIDI Track or the MIDI Part? How is the Render in Place settings on your side, please?

I’m having the same issue. The question is—after rendering a MIDI track to audio, how do you reactivate and hear that MIDI track? Muting and unMuting has no effect.

Please post a screenshot.
As Martin said above, it could be that the Part is muted (not track). If so, use the Mute tool (looks like an X) and click the grayed out parts.

1 Like

Hi,

If you are the same person, asked me today via email… Select the original MIDI Part and unmute it (Ctrl/Cmd + U or Edit > Unmute).

1 Like

That’s not working. I’m on a PC.

@Boxbird Didn’t you ask the same thing here?

Hi,

Don’t click the M button, you don’t want to Mute/Unmute the track. You want to Unmute the MIDI Part.

As I wrote already:

1 Like

Yes, that’s me. thank you for your help. I asked there because I decided to start a new topic.

So—for future users—I just wanted to make it crystal clear here.

To solve this, click on the event (the midi track you want to unmute) and click EDIT, and within the pulldown menu, you will see ‘mute’ or ‘unmute’ for that specific highlighted event. Has nothing to do with mute or unmute on tracks. You want to impact the event. Was confusing at first, but thanks to @mlib, it’s clear as day how to unmute a MIDI track that’s been rendered. Thank you again!

1 Like

Hi,

If you select a MIDI Part or an Audio Event then you are going to Render in Place the MIDI Part or the Audio Event (which becomes muted). After that you have to unmute the MIDI Part or Audio Event, if you want to revert.

If there is no selection on the track, you Render in Place the whole track and the source track becomes muted. Therefore you have to unmute the track, if you want to revert.

1 Like