Can,t use the mr816x analoge inputs after the cubase crash.

When recording audio i use the analoge inputs of the mr816.

Start cubase 8.0.10.
Load empty project. It doesn’t matter if it’s a empty project or a saved project.
Load mr816x audio card in the device menu.
make mono or stereo audio track.
Load a pre-amp
Select input assign knobs on the mr816x. These are the buttons above the gain knobs. to the audio track i made.
Record audio.
Stop recording.
Cubase 8.0.10 crashes. This can be anything from inserting a processing plugin onto a insert slot, loading a new instrument. This can be a steinberg instrument or a 3party instrument.

Re-start cubase 8.0.10.
Load empty project. It doesn’t matter if it’s a empty project or a saved project.
Load mr816x audio card in the device menu.
Make mono or stereo audio track.
Load a pre-amp
Select input assign botton on the mr816x. These are the buttons above the gain knobs. to the audio track i made.
In this situation the assign knobs ‘‘DOESNT’’ light up.
This means that can’t record and use my analoge inputs to record audio.
I have to reinstall the last mr816x drivers and restart my computer.
Every time cubase crashes i have to repeat this proces.

Hardware/software:

Imac with OSX 10.10.3, i7 Ghz 2.8 and 12Gb

This problem was also in cubase 7 using the mr816x. Hope this will be taken serious, because i posted this problem 4 months ago and got no feedback from steinberg. I tried reseting the hardware and removing the drivers and re-installing or removing the preference files. This didn’t fix the problem.

Yesterday cubase 8 crashed again.
Now i have to re-install the drivers for the mr816x again :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:.

1. You can record at anytime WITHOUT selecting the input on the MR itself, simply select it int he software
  2. Why in Gods name are you running 10.10.3 ??? It just came out this week and Im SURE its not qualified by Steinberg to run Cubase, MR816X.
  3. IF this happened in C7 as well it not Cubase or we all would have the same issue.
  4. Its NOT a preference problem IMO
  5. Do what I did, download the MR installer and when you can get to it UNINSTALL the Steinberg EXTENSION only.
    You lose the connectivity with the MR so its just like using any other interface

This means that overtime i have a crash i have to re-install the drivers.

I find this very poor by steinberg that they don’t reply on this problem and just let it be.
I find this bad service. I also contacted steinberg support service with no results.