Can the slur follow only voice 2?

I can’t get the slur to only follow voice 2 (i.e. I can’t pull it below the top voice). When I try to drag it into the proper position, it won’t move.

I want it to appear like this:
Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 7.19.32 PM

But instead, Dorico shows it as:

Also, is there a way to get the middle voice to cross between staves and stemmed as in the first example? I can’t get it to look the same in Dorico.

ctrl-click to select the first and last notes, then S to make the slur. Adjust the slur properties to change the shape.

That’s what I tried but I couldn’t get it to work. The slur should carry over to the A# in the second bar but Dorico truncates it to only the first bar. And I can’t drag it.

You need to drag it in engrave mode.

This is what I get…
slur
After, as @Romanos says ( a flip and) an adjustment in Engrave.

That looks nice! Exactly what I’m after. OK, I’ll have to explore your suggestions as its clearly possible!

Thanks guys!

Well, I got “sorta close” but no cookie.

How do you get the “C, E, G, B” to stem together?
If I use cross to staff below, the notes move up/down. Force centered beam didn’t work either.

go from here, select the firstt and the last note, hit M.

klafkid, I am able to replicate what you show (thanks), but I want to get the stems to cross staves as in the first example I posted and as Janus shows. Clearly its possible, I just don’t know how to do it yet.

I merely chose your screenshot from above as a starting point. Going from that, as I wrote, select the first and last note, hit M.

m

1 Like

Thanks klafkid! I got it. I think I was hitting Alt+M before and that was causing confusion.

Much appreciated!