Can you Change the Tuning of Cubase?

There are cents I think actually not semitones.

Steve,
You mentioned that Halion allows tuning of individual pitches. I don’t own the full version, and I work extensively in alternate tunings. In my situation, I am still working with common diatonic scales-just not Western tuning-and my octaves are not set to a specific ration. For example, I have C2 +2, C3 0, C4 -9, etc. In other words, I need each specific note to be able to have the cents adjusted. Currently, I just sample the note and play the note back with a sampler in Reason. Then I’m able to have one sampler with polyphony. I’d really love to be able to work with a soft-synth with this capability so I can use different sounds more easily. When I looked into this a couple years ago, the only thing I found was some alternate tuning plugin where I would have to have an individual synth for each note and then the plugin basically just sent each pitch to it’s specific synth. This was the only way to get polyphony and is obviously not very user friendly and pretty CPU intensive.

Is there now an easier way to do this?

Halion has a Midi Module called “Tuning Scale” using this in Notes Mode you can tune each of the 127 midi notes separately.

There’s a Halion trial available: Try HALion Now for 30 Days | Steinberg

Hello, Sorry to post to a very old tread, but for anyone wanting to know how to use 432hz Pythagorean concert A tuning here’s how I did it in my own recordings.

The guitar tuner in Cubase is able to be set to 432hz to do this add the Tuner VST plugin to your guitar track and then open it up and look on the right side were it is showing Base: 440hz, double click it and change it to 432, now you will be able to tune your guitar to 432hz. You can also put the tuner on your master track if you don’t want to bother with each individual track.

Halion Sonic look for the section title Voice/Pitch and change the Fine dial to -32 cent, you can double the value and change it without messing with the dial.

This works for Cubase AI 9 and Up, probably older versions too I don’t know.

Have a very blessed great day.

1 Like