Can you give me some general sound advice?

It isn’t loud enough :wink:

A few finely overlooked points concerning subs.

95% of all home & domestic systems dont use a sub for playback,which means that you end listener will be listening thru a system without extended bottom end. If you mix with a sub, invariably you’ll overcompensate with it, load up the thump,and forget about the harmonics more suited to a domestic system.

Use a frequency analyser to assert where you kick is prominent, and remember it should be in “key” with your track, a largely overlooked important point for most people, is not keying your kick to the track. it helps tremendously when mixing with a sub,as a boost of 1 or 2dB at the root note (1 or 2 octaves up) of the kick will help in pushing the kick out on small domestic home listening systems, but not overload the sub bass area.

Ive produced Electronica for many years, and although Im lucky to have great club systems at my disposal ,all kitted out with plenty of sub bass cabs, I found mixing with a sub, rather than mixing with a sub “in mind”…produced worse results at high volume levels.

switch off your sub and try a mix, , do the same with it on and see what the verdict is. :smiley: then listen to the two mixes thru a system without a sub…you will hear the more balanced track quite easily.

The song is nearing completion
Get the latest test here:
http://chaptereight.bandcamp.com/track/altered-state-2011-test-03-lead-parts

Frog! Håkon is very much in his prime here.
No melodyne or fixing at all. This is how he sings.

Will do the leads tomorrow, too intoxicated to do them justice right now LOL

All the best, Kim

Drums: Superior drummer 2 modified allaire kit (one extra tom + two extra cymbals).
Bass: Trilogy Jaco Pastorius 32 bit preset
Guitars: My new Fender Strat into Kuassa and Line6 Stuff
Synths: Hypersonic 2
That vsti workstation is still eerily good IMO
Vocals: Adk Hamburg + Håkon :smiley:
Processing used on vocal: Kjærhus Golden Audio Channel and Redline Reverb

Hi Kim !

I can give you general sound advice :

Go and amaze the world with the tunes and mixes you have done. I have always liked your polished productions, tastefull playing and sound of your mixes.

That’s the only general sound advice I’m able to offer to you.

cheers,
braunie