Can you open a Cubase8 file in Cubase 5?

Hi to the Forum,

Can you open a Cubase8 file in Cubase 5?

thanks,

Steve :slight_smile:

1st… a question for you… are you the real “Wild and Crazy Guy” Steve Martin? :slight_smile:

Regardless… I think it would but, make a copy using the “Backup Project…” function, try it, and let us know how it works out. Thanks.

Regards :sunglasses:

Hi Prock,

Oh, I am not that wild crazy guy :slight_smile:. I sometimes do get comments in regards to my name though :slight_smile:

So, my question is in relation to a tutorial package that I’m interested in purchasing that has cubase files. I’m not sure what you mean by the back up project function though. Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve…

I thought you had a project created in CB 8 that you wanted to open in CB 5. My suggestion to use the “Backup Project” function (which creates a copy of the Cubase project) is what I would do if I wanted to open a project with the same scenario. Meaning, that I would try to open the backed up copy of my CB 8 project in CB 5 first, to ensure that I still had my functioning CB 8 project in case CB 5 somehow corrupted it.

I have opened projects made in CB 7 through 10 in CB 4 without issue. So, generally speaking I am sure that it would work for you in your scenario too but, you are talking about a tutorial package… that might be different as I am not familiar with the tutorials.

Hopefully someone will chime in here who knows for sure. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses: