i’m a total noob, and i have a question regarding cubase 8.
i’m working on a song that i want to run the vocals through certain plug-ins (like reverb and glitch effects), but not all the time.
if i want to
- have the vocals completely dry for 10 seconds of a song, and then
- have the vocals glitchy for 2 seconds via the glitch plug-in i’m using, and then
- have the vocals return to normal for 10 seconds, and then
- have the vocals glitchy, using the same plug-in, but with different settings, and then
- have the vocals glitch free, but then reverby
should i be using automation to do this?
is it even possible to change the settings of a plug-in/vst without opening up a second instance of what you’re using?
like with the glitch program, let’s say that i want to have the vocals autotune down two octaves, for 5 seconds, and then adjust the settings of the program so that the next time it’s used (like 30 seconds later), the vocals use the stutter functionality of the program. would i need to open up one glitch program specifically for autotuning vocals, and then open a second program specifically for stutter effects, and then send the vocal line to either instances of that program whenever i need to utilize that effect?
i’ve watching videos on automation, but i can’t seem to find any where the video does what i’m wondering is possible.
thanks for any insight!