Cannot activate 9

Interesting, I’ve never seen that option on a Mac. I dare say one could change certain permissions and the ownership of files using the terminal.

I am out of options, as I’ve tried uninstalling the elicencer, using the steinberg helper app and a raft of other tricks, but this piece of string is obstinately tangled.

I’ll post an update if I ever get to use the software again.

Well, I wish you luck and hope you get something from support eventually.

Hello,

sorry for the trouble, we’re unfortunately behind the schedule.

I checked your account, you have all the codes you need to authorise the software: the Cubase Elements 8 activation you received yesterday with the reactivation plus the update code to 9 you have purchased, to be entered in the eLCC in this order.

However, the issue is that eLCC is crashing.

Could you please try to uninstall the current eLCC using the uninstaller included in the package and install this one?
http://download.elicenser.net/downloads/Archive/eLC_6.8.1.14153/eLicenserControl.dmg

Does it help?

Hey thanks

I’ve done that, and have a blank elicencer.

I take it the first step is to register the soft licencer?

Sorry, can you please elaborate?

The link I posted is an older eLCC version which usually works on El Capitan for users having the crashing problem - it is not the Installation Helper which replaces the Soft-eLicenser with a new, empty one. If you ran the Helper previously, that’s the reason for having a blank Soft-eLicenser.

In short, you would need to:

– Run the unistaller for the currently installed version
– Reboot
– Install the eLCC version linked above
– Run the eLCC
– Activate the new Cubase Elements 8 code (the one with the hourglass icon in MySteinberg)
– Activate the update to 9

I am afraid that even after all that the elicencer still crashes.

Not when the activation code is entered but when you hit the download licence button …

Mmmhh, that’s bad. Could you please try these additional steps?

1. Remove the eLicenserCore.framework file from the eLicenser Tools folder. (Your Hard Drive → Library → Application Support → eLicenser → Tools)

2. Remove or rename the AuthenticationSupport.plugin (Your Hard Drive → System → Library → Extension)

This was a known issue, but was resolved around 6.10.3. OS X is up to date, yes?

Fabio

I deleted the first file, and now 8 and 9 are licenced and running.

Should I delete the other one, for some reason I navigated to the wrong tools folder and didn’t find it first off?

Thanks for your timely intervention, I thought I was going to have to give up completely.

I am running the latest OS, but should you guys need to take a closer look at my setup/run diagnostics, feel free to call.

:slight_smile:

Hi, you can ignore the second file - glad you got it sorted, I found your e-mails and sent a short reply.

Thanks for the feedback!

Most members list their specs in the signature area (see User Control Panel above), so they are available when you need help.

Glad you got up and running.

Thanks a lot for the link to the elicence helper, running it worked for me. I had a problem reactivating cubase 9 after a pc issue and the elicencer would not show me a new number to enter into the window at the Steinberg reactivation site. In other words it was showing my old number which you can’t enter in again. The funny thing is I did re-install the elicencer previously to trying the link mentioned here to no avail, so this “elicence helper” app must have another angle to what it does. It looks the same as a fresh elicence install when you run it so I don’t know. Many thanks though because I spent ages trying to get the reactivation done. Very frustrating.
All the best.