I am trying to activate Cubase Artist 9. I am upgrading from Elements 8 to Artist 9 and am having trouble. I also have Halion Sonic 2. I am using a Sony laptop i7, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7, 64 bit operating system.
So far I have taken these steps:
- purchased upgrade version of Artist 9
- obtained Activation Code via email
- downloaded Artist 9 - five hours
- extracted Artist 9 files
- updated Artist 9 program with latest updates from the Steinberg.net site
- run, apparently successfully, the Artist 9 setup and install program - one hour
- opened elicenser and performed elicenser maintenance
- noted that Halion Sonic and Cubase Elements 8 were active in the elicenser window
- went into mysteinberg to make sure my Cubase Elements 8 was up to date - it was
- entered my activation code as requested in the activation code window
- at this point all programs in the activation code window are grayed out.
So, I cannot upgrade and install by Cubase Artist 9.
What do I do now???