Cannot convert this type of file!

Hi, I am using Cubase 11 Elements. All of the sudden, I am unable to import mp3’s into my projects. Never had a problem before. I am now unable to even import mp3 that I have already imported into projects. I am getting the message “Cannot convert this type of file!” I can even open them and hear them in media bay, but still get the same error when trying to import them. As far as I know, I haven’t changed a thing, and I scanned for viruses and I am all clean. Not sure what is going on

2 Likes

Same here, but in Cubase Pro 12 and with ogg files. I can play them in media bay but they fail to import into the project window, and I’m getting the same error message that the OP mentioned. This is a sudden occurrence. I was able to import the same ogg file from media bay only a few minutes before this trouble started.

Just did a little more experimentation before posting. I’m able to import other ogg files of a lower sampling rate. But I’m not imagining what I mentioned above - i.e., I was able to successfully import a particular ogg file which has a sampling rate of 192 kHz. I’ve tried changing the project’s sampling rate, bit depth and record file type. No go.