Cannot Cut, Copy, or Paste in Notepad

I am unable to cut, copy, or paste text into Cubase’s Notepad. I’m on the latest build of Cubase Pro 13. I feel like this was working before, so I’m curious if anyone else is having the same problem. Thanks!

There is a thread on this you should search for.

13.0.41: No problem here, everything as usual, Cut&Paste works in both directions (Cubase<>Text Editor), for Cubase Project as well as Track Notepad, and also with different text editors (Windows Notepad, WordPad, Notepad++ etc.)

1 Like

Just to clarify, the notepad and not track notepad or both?

No issues here.

1 Like

if your text has some weird formatting (from a website) that might not be allowed into the notepad.

Try “pasting as text only”?

1 Like

I haven’t tested with track notes, yet. It’s happening with Notepad. I’ve tried copying from OneNote, but I’m going to test it from Windows Notepad to see if it does the same thing. I recall that not making a difference, though. CTRL-C or CTRL-V isn’t working.

I verified that it’s a problem with Microsoft’s OneNote copying to Cubase. I am able to cut or copy from Cubase and paste into OneNote, but not the other way around. I was able to successfully copy from Windows’ Notepad to Cubase’s Notepad, so it was most likely due to the way OneNote is formatting the text. All keyboard shortcuts are working for cut, copy, and paste.

It would be nice if Notepad in Cubase had the ability to right-click for cut, copy, and paste functionality, but I’m perfectly OK using keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.