Cannot delete media files i importend

i just imported a batch of midi files into the media bay…i cant drag unwanted files into the trash folder (nothing happens) nor can i drop them onto the delete icon at the bottom right.
i have done this successfully before.

Hi @stephen_rudolph,

Thanks for your message.
These are the steps to delete your importer MIDI files:

(1) Tap the “MEDIA” button
(2) Go to “MIDI/My MIDI Files”
(3) Tap on a file, which you want to delete and tap the “DELETE” bottom located to the bottom right.

Once you’ve deleted all the files, you might want to clean the “Trash” directory as well:

• Tap the “Trash” folder icon in the “MediaBay” directory
  • Tap the “EMPTY” button to permanently delete all files from the trash folder

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

ok… i know what may have happened.
i imported the files into my ipad FILES app… and in Cubasis, i IMPORTED the files into MEDIA - DRUM LOOPS.
i suppose i created the drums loop folder at some point . the problem was deleting the files in this folder . i can drag the files to the project though .
so today……
i have a MY MIDI FILES folder in my FILES APP
1- i open the cubasis DRUM LOOPS folder and SHARE a file to my FILES app into the ´my midi files’ folder and all is well
2- oddly enough at this point the file shows up in the cubasis ´my midi files’ folder… i dont have to import it ! there must be a link bwtween my FILES app and the MY MIDI FILES in cubase…
´´´´´
i suppose i found a workaround
NOW
the only issue i have now is that i cannot delete the DRUM LOOPS folder in my media bay… and if i select a file, the delete icon is grayed out and i cant TRASH it…
did i find sn easter egg . can i delete that media bay folder ? i guess i can just ignore it
thanks

Hi @stephen_rudolph,

Thanks for your message.

You should be easily able to manually delete the imported files from within the drum loops folder via the Apples Files app.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

1 Like

Lars, you saved the day… i think i used the apple process once in my life… time to look into it.
thanks so much for helping me… have a safe and less irritating year for you and your loved ones…

1 Like

Hi @stephen_rudolph,

Thanks for your message.

Lars, you saved the day… i think i used the apple process once in my life… time to look into it.
thanks so much for helping me… have a safe and less irritating year for you and your loved ones…

Glad to read everything works as expected again… :slight_smile:

Enjoy making music
& stay safe and sound,
Lars