Cannot get a level on my computer! HELP!

Hey everyone. I’m using LE4 on Windows XP. Apparently I have everything set up correctly with my ASIO inputs and outputs. I have had a friend come over and try to help me, but he can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. I have a microphone plugged into my interface which I can hear in my headphones, but no level. I try to record and nothing comes across the screen on the track. I have the Audiobox interface selected for my recording device and it is also selected for playback as well. No level.

I’m not sure why, but under Device Setup/VST audio System, I have two different ASIO drivers; one is called Audibox USB ASIO driver and the other ASIO Presonus USB.

The second option is what I THINK I need to have selected, however whenever I try to switch to it, I get an error message “ERROR opening USB Bus Device (2)” I’m pretty sure this is my problem. Can anyone help???

Thanks!

Obvious thing would be to select the other driver option… Tried that already…?

I would also suggest using the Audiobox specific USB driver.

Then you’ll need to make sure that you have the VST inputs and ouputs mapped correctly.

One of the ways to make sure you’re on the right track is to import an existing wav or mp3 file into Cubase and see if you can play it back through your audio device.

Failing that, you could try deleting and re-installing the ASIO drivers.