Cannot import video at all in C5???

Hi all!

I have this major problem with Cubase 5. I’m working on a totally new Windows 7 64 bit machine, Cubase 5 is installed and nothing else has been done to the machine and settings. So everything should work, right?

So why is it, that Cubase doesn’t recognise any video file formats at all? I’ve tried .mov, .avi, .mp4, .mpg-versions of the same video (a short clip of 30 seconds approx.) but nothing works. I can open the files perfectly in media player.

Any ideas? I’ve tried searching but haven’t found anything that works for me. :frowning:

Do you have Quicktime installed? That is used as the playback engine.

Sorry for the thread continuation as this is a new topic but I am doing this from my phone -
I am having trouble installing my new cubase 5. I am running windows XP sp2 and all my updates are current but when I go to install it tells me there is an error and that my system has not been modified. Anyone got some ideas on what the hell that is supposed to mean and how to fix it?

Now THAT is what I would call a rookie mistake from my side. But then again, why on earth doesn’t Cubase prombt me to install Qtuicktime? Well. Now it works. Stupid me.

Thanks a lot! :smiley:

Having problems also… QT Playerer 7.6 installed the QT shows up in device setup files still don’t load. Here is the question for me at least…the file type say .MP4(MV4)
so QT which plays the video fine doesn’t play it from within Cubase makes no sense.
I conerted the file to mv windows choose direct show nothing choose windows media nothing… Help…

Win 7 64 bit C5.1